McKenzie travels to Perry Co.

RedRebelman

5 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

A few notes for context

Population Difference

McKenzie- 5,456

Linden and Lobelville combined- 2,000 (mostly retired people)

County Difference

Carroll County- 28,432

Perry County- 8,472

High Schools in the County with Enrollment

Bruceton- 178

Huntingdon and Clarksburg join for Football- 480 (combined both high schools

McKenzie- 376

West Carroll- 263

Combined kids in high school in Carroll County (1,401)

Perry County- 300 (Only high school)

This is the first I’ve hear that Huntingdon and Clarksburg combine to have a football team. I have never known about a Clarksburg kid playing at Huntingdon.

7 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

A few notes for context

Population Difference

McKenzie- 5,456

Linden and Lobelville combined- 2,000 (mostly retired people)

County Difference

Carroll County- 28,432

Perry County- 8,472

High Schools in the County with Enrollment

Bruceton- 178

Huntingdon and Clarksburg join for Football- 480 (combined both high schools

McKenzie- 376

West Carroll- 263

Combined kids in high school in Carroll County (1,401)

Perry County- 300 (Only high school)

Perry County numbers aren’t far off from the rest of the pack and they are about where they need to be to stay competitive . 1A tops out at 375. I’ll give you county differences are way different but Carroll County has 4 other teams with football teams . Also , Clarksburg don’t play football with the Mustangs lol . At least Perry County is in the 300s , only 75 more kids and y’all will be in the big 2A Lol

4 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

My point is, kids in the same county can play at different schools if they choose. Perry county can’t have that. Only one high school. Tiptonville and lake county are on the border of Kentucky and Missouri, they could bring kids in. Linden is literally 30 minutes from anything. Not looking for sympathy, just being real. Kids in Huntingdon could play at McKenzie and McKenzie kids could play at west Carroll. When you’re in the same county kids can go wherever they want. 

That is not a negative for Perry County.  That is a positive.

6 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

If you find out who it is, I would like to know.

I have always heard clarksburg kids play at Huntingdon but that’s hear say. I know that’s what they do in Columbia with Culleoka and Santa Fe and Hampshire. They go to Columbia and Mt pleasant but either way I wasn’t sure. But kids can move around, there are more to choose from then in Perry County. 

15 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

My point is, kids in the same county can play at different schools if they choose. Perry county can’t have that. Only one high school. Tiptonville and lake county are on the border of Kentucky and Missouri, they could bring kids in. Linden is literally 30 minutes from anything. Not looking for sympathy, just being real. Kids in Huntingdon could play at McKenzie and McKenzie kids could play at west Carroll. When you’re in the same county kids can go wherever they want. 

Each town in Carroll County has its own Special School District.  You can't live in the Huntingdon and go to school in McKenzie. It doesn't work that way.

3 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

Each town in Carroll County has its own Special School District.  You can't live in the Huntingdon and go to school in McKenzie. It doesn't work that way.

We live in Camden, but my son goes to Huntingdon. May be because we live in a different county, but both the school and school board said there was no problem as long as he starts school there.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

We live in Camden, but my son goes to Huntingdon. May be because we live in a different county, but both the school and school board said there was no problem as long as he starts school there.

doesn’t become an issue until high school sport’s and transfer rules usually . Let’s say your son played a season at either school, if y’all dont physically move they sit out 12 months.

31 minutes ago, west10EZ said:

doesn’t become an issue until high school sport’s and transfer rules usually . Let’s say your son played a season at either school, if y’all dont physically move they sit out 12 months.

Right, and because he will only go to Huntingdon, then it shouldn't be an issue if he decides he wants to play football when he gets old enough even though we live in Camden, correct?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stangsby3 said:

Right, and because he will only go to Huntingdon, then it shouldn't be an issue if he decides he wants to play football when he gets old enough even though we live in Camden, correct?

The only issues are with the system where he attends school. Each system sets their own standards for attendance, zoning, busing, and eligibility.

TSSAA only gets involved when their own eligibility rules are broken, and if HSSD says he good to attend while living in Camden, he's good with TSSAA unless he's receiving benefits or has transferred in while having a participation record at another school within the last 12 months.

23 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

You must not have been to Lake County before. Going north to Kentucky is all farm land and 20-25 minutes to Fulton, Kentucky. Dyersburg is 30 minutes away and so is Union City. Missouri is 30-40 minutes from the highschool. Lake County sure doesn’t bring kids in. Not counting the prison inmates we are just as small as PC. 

• Like 1