2A Region 5 vs Region 6 Playoffs

vandyfan1

Just now, Southtowner said:

Well,  they're not on restrictive probation but anything here on out for the next 2 years could result in that type punishment.  

P's & Q's must be minded.

For Huntingdon, it's really just a formality. We (usually) have such a disciplined team, these things rarely ever happen in our games. Outside of a rematch against Milan this year, I don't see a potential for any more trouble.

7 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

For Huntingdon, it's really just a formality. We (usually) have such a disciplined team, these things rarely ever happen in our games. Outside of a rematch against Milan this year, I don't see a potential for any more trouble.

Yeah,  I think coming down the stretch some of the matchups will be so close that whoever can be led by their emotions instead of controlled by them will prevail. 

Briefly looking at some R5 W/L records, it looks like that region could be up grabs, potentially.

Right now, Loretto is the leader but they still have to face Waverly (I think) and MTP. MTP was blown out by Hohenwald but seems to have played very well against all others, so far. Hohenwald still has a couple of tough games at years end so, they could potentially slide into the leader’s position. 

I doubt anyone would have thought R5 was going to be this formidable at the beginning of the year! Neither Riverside nor Chapel Hill are in it coupled with MTP not being very good as of late and who would have guessed Loretto was going to be on fire this year? Add in Waverly’s season thus far and R5 may be the strongest top to bottom.

This all brings me to the question of out of region scheduling. It seems that the region championship for the past several years would come down to Hohenwald beating or losing to a mediocre Riverside team or a 5-5 Chapel Hill or a 1A Columbia Academy team. In years past when Riverside was just mediocre but not in the same region, they would still be on Hohenwald’s schedule. However, I’m willing to bet they will only be playoff foes now. Has anyone else noticed this? I will say this; if Hohenwald wins the region this year, they will dang well have earned it!

Who do we believe will make it to the 4th round after these two regions duke it out? 

I think the front runner has to be Huntingdon, but you never want to run into Frosties boys come playoff time. It appears to also seem like Lewis County, Milan, or Loretto could be in the running. 

Will definitely be interesting to watch!

10 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Waverly’s #9 Bryce Stanfield through 7 games

1,419yds rushing with 16 TD’s 
321 yds receiving with 1 TD
60 tackles 
2 interceptions 
2 forced fumbles 
2 fumble recoveries 

Man that's big-time stats. 200 rushing yds will win you most games. Maybe get to see him go against the Mustang defense later on. What position does he play on defense? Same family as your QB in 17&18 in those wild games?

9 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Man that's big-time stats. 200 rushing yds will win you most games. Maybe get to see him go against the Mustang defense later on. What position does he play on defense? Same family as your QB in 17&18 in those wild games?

RB/Safety

Gavin Stanfield is his Cousin

Graham Stanfield is his brother

Yes to answer your question 

Edited by Trollin

6 hours ago, FootballFanatic12345 said:

Who do we believe will make it to the 4th round after these two regions duke it out? 

I think the front runner has to be Huntingdon, but you never want to run into Frosties boys come playoff time. It appears to also seem like Lewis County, Milan, or Loretto could be in the running. 

Will definitely be interesting to watch!

I'm not as proficient as others pertaining to R6 and most of R5 either but, with Huntingdon doing what they have done over there, I would have to give them the nod. Last year was, of course, last year and, Riverside beat them in the playoffs after losing during the regular season so, who knows for sure how that region is going to pan out.

R5 seems to still have a couple of games left at the end of the year to decide its placings. I haven't kept up with it for decades as some posters on here have but, I don't know if I ever remember seeing that region stacked with as many good teams as it has this year. Saying that, it may never be this stacked again. I just wonder if R5 will be so beat up come playoff time that the top three teams fold early, regardless of R6 teams? That would be a quantifiable question.