2A Region 5 vs Region 6 Playoffs

vandyfan1

6 minutes ago, eers said:

I agree completely. That’s where expectations and perspective come in. A first round exit isn’t successful for Oakland, Maryville, Alcoa, and a lot of other teams. If you’ve won 13 games in 3 years, 10-1 is successful. Obviously not the outcome you want, but far from where you were. 

Absolutely.  

4 hours ago, sportsnutz said:

Actually that's exactly what it means.. Granted "successful" is a term that is subjective. I guess it's relative to the amount of success you're used to having. Really good football teams don't lose in the first round. 

But if you ask this fan bases who are accustomed to winning seasons, they'll tell you regular season wins mean nothing as long as you get enough of them to get into the playoffs. An undefeated team losing in the first round is an upset and underwhelming no matter how you try to spin it. 

I'd bet good money that if you asked players and coaches on that undefeated Loretto team if they're satisfied or happy with that season, 99% of them will say no.

Hohenwald

3 hours ago, Waker said:

Yep. You have to schedule a tough out of conference schedule to see where you stack up against competition. You can’t help who is in your region, but you can out of region.

Hohenwald

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Not if you are in Region 6 2a...   lol

Hohenwald 

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

Regardless of what they tell themselves, they still lost to the 4th best team in the other Region as an undefeated 1-seed. If you don't admit to yourself at that point that you were only undefeated because you didn't play anyone, then you're just lying to yourself. A 1st round loss to a team that, by their own fans' admission, is the worst team they've had in 10+ years ain't gonna cut it. Good teams don't lose those games. And using "R6 is really strong" as an excuse don't fly because you can't acknowledge that one might be strong without saying that another could be weak. R5 was a weak sauce region this year without any actually "good" teams.

Hohenwald

However, some programs are just proud to boast a sign as visitors come into the (stadium) displaying 9-2 and 10-1 or even 10-2 regular season records. To them, that’s all that really matters. Hence, Bud Kilmer.

2 hours ago, Riverside80 said:

Hey we had collierville! :lol:

I didn't/wasnt and wont  say   That teams in region don't schedule tough teams out of district. I said and say if you team/school plays in region 6 you do not have to schedule them to toughen up your team for the playoffs. By seasons end you are tough already.

If you look the day the new regions were announced everyone was talking about  it. It may not always be that way but in the next few years I just don't see that changing.

Edited by Beagle

1 minute ago, Beagle said:

I didn't/wasnt and wont  say   That teams in region don't schedule tough teams out of district. I said and say if you team/school plays in region 6 you do not have to schedule them to toughen up your team for the playoffs. By seasons end you are tough already.

It may not always be that way but in the next few years I just dont see that changing.

I don’t either. Peabody is young. Camden is young. Adamsville is young. Huntingdon is young. JCM is young.  Milan is Milan. And Riverside is Riverside and has had some really good middle school teams.

On 11/4/2023 at 7:18 PM, Beagle said:

If you look the day the new regions were announced everyone was talking about  it. It may not always be that way but in the next few years I just don't see that changing.

Excellent post. Makes sense and aligns with other posts made for years regarding that region. See the following quoted posts.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:27 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Second round of the playoffs involving Hohenwald, RP, so take a wild guess.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:29 PM, Riverside80 said:

Forrest advancing? Lol

On 11/12/2021 at 9:32 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Oh yeah, that’s a gimme this time of the year each year, regardless of who Hohenwald plays.

On 11/13/2021 at 6:58 AM, Mr. Postman1 said:

Can Wesmoreland trade regions with Forrest?

On 11/14/2021 at 12:32 AM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

You don’t have to go through all that trouble.

Just become buddies with a couple of guys in the T$$AA and have them pick out the worst possible teams in your area, form a region and put you in it.

Then, look around for the worst possible teams around you (can even be single A or even an 0 for 40 5A Spring Hill) for your out of region schedule.

Now, you will have a false sense of pride and some may even mock your team as paper champions but just ignore them.

Then wala, your team can make the playoffs every year with high odds to make it to round two. However, just know you wont make it past the second round because your team wont know how to compete at a high level due to not facing much competition through the regular season.

0/0 you are welcome. Hope that helps.

On 11/14/2021 at 7:52 AM, Mr. Postman1 said:

So in other words, become Lewis co? Lol