Sequatchie at Fayetteville

Indian

3 hours ago, BigCornbread said:

I have to question a few of deez statements patna. 

even if it’s 4 kids your telling me they could start for Alcoa? Bradley? Oakland? I’m not downing any kid but dats a tall task. 

most talented roster in 1A or 2a? Now dats not even considered reaching dats just flat out absurd. If dey had da most talented roster in 1A or 2a dey wouldn’t be sitting WAY below .500, bad coaching or not. 

They had a Dozen kids last year that either are or could have played College Football. The 4 I’m talking about can or will as well. Talent isn’t the Problem with City. The Coaching is abhorrent. 

1 hour ago, Booger said:

a dozen

Booger just sayin :unsure:

Ok Booger maybe I’m being a little generous with the talent last season but they had a D1 at Memphis now. And a bunch of other kids that got offers. They really looked like a very good 5A team last year with their first 22. Could they beat Oakland. No. Because of lack of depth. But their starters could have played with them for a half. With a Quality Coaching Staff. 

Edited by IPOPU2022

13 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

They had a Dozen kids last year that either are or could have played College Football. The 4 I’m talking about can or will as well. Talent isn’t the Problem with City. The Coaching is abhorrent. 

You can be a college prospect and still not find a spot at some of da larger powerhouse  schools in dis state. I’m not questioning if da 4 you speak of could play college ball I don’t doubt dat at all. Could det start for ANY school In ANY CLASSIFICATION I don’t know about all of dat mess. 

are dey da most talented team in 1A and 2A? Questionable as well considering dey have lost to quite a few 1A and 2A teams dis year. One of dem right up da road from us.  

a dozen is 12 kids. Dats a lot of college ball players on a team patna. 

Edited by BigCornbread

Just now, BigCornbread said:

You can be a college prospect and still not find a spot at some of da larger powerhouse  schools in dis state. I’m not questioning if da 4 you speak of could play college ball I don’t doubt dat at all. Could det start for ANY school In ANY CLASSIFICATION I don’t know about all of day mess. 

are dey the most talented team in 1A and 2A da past two years? Questionable as well considering dey have lost to quite a few 1A and 2A teams dis year. One of dem right up da road from us.  

a dozen is 12 kids. Dats a lot of college ball players on a team patna. 

I admit i was being generous. 

30 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Good luck Squatch. 

I this SC will handle City. Its their first home game of the Season but i just don’t see this game being that competitive. City has enough size and speed to compete but the morale and coaching is a dumpster fire atp. 

Edited by IPOPU2022

On 9/28/2023 at 11:22 AM, IPOPU2022 said:

My “sources” are telling Me City’s Qb has regressed from last season. He holds the ball too long. Misses wide open receivers. And is afraid to run for fear of getting hurt. The wheels have fallen off the program in general. They have athletes. Should have been tied at the 1/2 at MC. But the Qb threw a woefully short pass to 2 Wide Open receivers behind the secondary for an easy score at midfield on their last possession. Once again it’s the same issue as last year. Probably the most talented team in the State in 1A and probably 2A. The HC and coordinators are pathetic. And I’m being generous. They’ve got 6 Kids that would probably start for any team in the State regardless of classification. Coaches have players in the wrong positions. And continually refuse to play the Best Players on both sides of the Ball. Their Mr Football finalist last year is 6’3” and 240 and played strong side LB except for a Shotgun formation occasionally running up the middle and on xtra points. He should have been out there at Tight End and worked him into the Offense. Either as a Blocker or on Curl Route Passes. He was on the Sideline 90% of the Offensive Snaps last year at McKenzie. Absolutely Ridiculous. A Good Coach would have cruised to a State Championship last year and it’s a total disaster this season. They have cut down on the 14 penalties on average last year to about 10. 13 at McKenzie. I can only say that the Coaches are 100% responsible for Penalties. The rest is up to Kids to make Plays. Penalties are on the Coaches. Period. Great talent normally overcomes average Coaching. They’ve had that luxury for the last 3yrs. This year they don’t just bully teams around and the crows have come home to roost. Coach Morison was kinda like Saban. Had 2 pretty good assistants but was awfully conservative with the Offense considering the talent he had. But the State Championship Team he coached would have gotten torched by last year’s team. So folks until they get overwhelming talent again i expect nothing to change. 

the head coach is responsible for the defense which isn’t the problem this year. the problem is the offense if you couldn’t tell and head coach is a defensive minded guy. the same offense last year got bailed out by talent.

3 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Ok Booger maybe I’m being a little generous with the talent last season but they had a D1 at Memphis now. And a bunch of other kids that got offers. They really looked like a very good 5A team last year with their first 22. Could they beat Oakland. No. Because of lack of depth. But their starters could have played with them for a half. With a Quality Coaching Staff. 

ipopu2022 ant the first to stretch that will play on saturday talent level out there.....though that was a spectactular stretch for Fayetteville.....no doubt was some good ballers the Tigers had last season...and numerous seasons prior to that....

that LB that signed with memphis was a stud.....Booger nose yall had one at cumberland and sewanee cause the ND has a few playin on there....and thinkin you had a lineman that was gonna get a chance on saturday 

.....thats only make 5 or 6 that had a chance.....not 12.....Booger sure ipop can add 1 or 2 more.....but that wo

...Booger made a viewing for dresden contest last season while Booger was hangin around the Fayetteville area that weekend...some good lookin players

....what happen to those 2 RB yall had last year.....dont know if they were SRs or not

....pretty sure Booger will drop in for another post season game in November

Booger just sayin :thumb: