Sequatchie at Fayetteville

Indian

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I really hope Dunlap snags the dub. But I think  Fayetteville may be too much even though they are having a hard time adjusting into 2a I think final will be

Fayetteville 35

Dunlap 20

There 1-5 record doesn't have anything to do with moving to 2A. They've lost to 2 solid 4A squads, a Giles squad that should have beaten Page, and one of the best 1A teams in the state. They gave the game away to Marion. If they slip up and fall to 3rd in region no way Smith County or East Robertson wants to see them in Round 1. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

There 1-5 record doesn't have anything to do with moving to 2A. They've lost to 2 solid 4A squads, a Giles squad that should have beaten Page, and one of the best 1A teams in the state. They gave the game away to Marion. If they slip up and fall to 3rd in region no way Smith County or East Robertson wants to see them in Round 1. 

^ what he said. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

I think that's part of it 2a teams reload easier, and if Fayetteville stayed in 1a with the loss of those athletes I don't think it would effect them as badly. I may be wrong about this but it seemed like yalls schedule  improved when yall moved to 2a, and I felt like those almost went hand and hand.

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Gave the game away?? 

Edited by CoyDillard

17 hours ago, Southtowner said:

^ what he said. 

My “sources” are telling Me City’s Qb has regressed from last season. He holds the ball too long. Misses wide open receivers. And is afraid to run for fear of getting hurt. The wheels have fallen off the program in general. They have athletes. Should have been tied at the 1/2 at MC. But the Qb threw a woefully short pass to 2 Wide Open receivers behind the secondary for an easy score at midfield on their last possession. Once again it’s the same issue as last year. Probably the most talented team in the State in 1A and probably 2A. The HC and coordinators are pathetic. And I’m being generous. They’ve got 6 Kids that would probably start for any team in the State regardless of classification. Coaches have players in the wrong positions. And continually refuse to play the Best Players on both sides of the Ball. Their Mr Football finalist last year is 6’3” and 240 and played strong side LB except for a Shotgun formation occasionally running up the middle and on xtra points. He should have been out there at Tight End and worked him into the Offense. Either as a Blocker or on Curl Route Passes. He was on the Sideline 90% of the Offensive Snaps last year at McKenzie. Absolutely Ridiculous. A Good Coach would have cruised to a State Championship last year and it’s a total disaster this season. They have cut down on the 14 penalties on average last year to about 10. 13 at McKenzie. I can only say that the Coaches are 100% responsible for Penalties. The rest is up to Kids to make Plays. Penalties are on the Coaches. Period. Great talent normally overcomes average Coaching. They’ve had that luxury for the last 3yrs. This year they don’t just bully teams around and the crows have come home to roost. Coach Morison was kinda like Saban. Had 2 pretty good assistants but was awfully conservative with the Offense considering the talent he had. But the State Championship Team he coached would have gotten torched by last year’s team. So folks until they get overwhelming talent again i expect nothing to change. 

them Tigers have been takin down by schools with a combined W-L of bout 28 Ws to 7 Ls with 4 or 3 of them tiger opponents bein undefeated......Dunlop sure ant seen that schedule......

....Booger thinkin that if them L's ant damaged them Tigers mental state......them Dunlop Injuns gonna be in for a long trek back from the possible residin place of the Boogers...

....Booger advice for all you Dunloppers in route to Fayetteville.....it will be catfish friday at B&B Corner Stop petro station on side of hwy 64 at the Huntland exit...

...trust ole Booger when Booger tells you that petro station catfish ant no joke....

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

My “sources” are telling Me City’s Qb has regressed from last season. He holds the ball too long. Misses wide open receivers. And is afraid to run for fear of getting hurt. The wheels have fallen off the program in general. They have athletes. Should have been tied at the 1/2 at MC. But the Qb threw a woefully short pass to 2 Wide Open receivers behind the secondary for an easy score at midfield on their last possession. Once again it’s the same issue as last year. Probably the most talented team in the State in 1A and probably 2A. The HC and coordinators are pathetic. And I’m being generous. They’ve got 6 Kids that would probably start for any team in the State regardless of classification. Coaches have players in the wrong positions. And continually refuse to play the Best Players on both sides of the Ball. Their Mr Football finalist last year is 6’3” and 240 and played strong side LB except for a Shotgun formation occasionally running up the middle and on xtra points. He should have been out there at Tight End and worked him into the Offense. Either as a Blocker or on Curl Route Passes. He was on the Sideline 90% of the Offensive Snaps last year at McKenzie. Absolutely Ridiculous. A Good Coach would have cruised to a State Championship last year and it’s a total disaster this season. They have cut down on the 14 penalties on average last year to about 10. 13 at McKenzie. I can only say that the Coaches are 100% responsible for Penalties. The rest is up to Kids to make Plays. Penalties are on the Coaches. Period. Great talent normally overcomes average Coaching. They’ve had that luxury for the last 3yrs. This year they don’t just bully teams around and the crows have come home to roost. Coach Morison was kinda like Saban. Had 2 pretty good assistants but was awfully conservative with the Offense considering the talent he had. But the State Championship Team he coached would have gotten torched by last year’s team. So folks until they get overwhelming talent again i expect nothin

Finally someone else see what I see the oc is terrible been terrible he had the horse to overcome the bs he called and they want adjust to what they have especially with every team they have played running cover 3 man and no crossing routes or anything straight screens and jet screens nobody has regressed the receivers can't beat man coverage or no burners who can get down the field. I wish some could go watch practice that will tell it all. There is know way they should be this bad and yes should have beat marion and Pulaski.

1 minute ago, LCFayettevilleAlum said:

Finally someone else see what I see the oc is terrible been terrible he had the horse to overcome the bs he called and they want adjust to what they have especially with every team they have played running cover 3 man and no crossing routes or anything straight screens and jet screens nobody has regressed the receivers can't beat man coverage or no burners who can get down the field. I wish some could go watch practice that will tell it all. There is know way they should be this bad and yes should have beat marion and Pulaski.

And yes they still have lots of talent but the coaching is God awful and there is no individual coaching what so ever I promise you that.