Sequatchie at Fayetteville

Indian

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

My “sources” are telling Me City’s Qb has regressed from last season. He holds the ball too long. Misses wide open receivers. And is afraid to run for fear of getting hurt. The wheels have fallen off the program in general. They have athletes. Should have been tied at the 1/2 at MC. But the Qb threw a woefully short pass to 2 Wide Open receivers behind the secondary for an easy score at midfield on their last possession. Once again it’s the same issue as last year. Probably the most talented team in the State in 1A and probably 2A. The HC and coordinators are pathetic. And I’m being generous. They’ve got 6 Kids that would probably start for any team in the State regardless of classification. Coaches have players in the wrong positions. And continually refuse to play the Best Players on both sides of the Ball. Their Mr Football finalist last year is 6’3” and 240 and played strong side LB except for a Shotgun formation occasionally running up the middle and on xtra points. He should have been out there at Tight End and worked him into the Offense. Either as a Blocker or on Curl Route Passes. He was on the Sideline 90% of the Offensive Snaps last year at McKenzie. Absolutely Ridiculous. A Good Coach would have cruised to a State Championship last year and it’s a total disaster this season. They have cut down on the 14 penalties on average last year to about 10. 13 at McKenzie. I can only say that the Coaches are 100% responsible for Penalties. The rest is up to Kids to make Plays. Penalties are on the Coaches. Period. Great talent normally overcomes average Coaching. They’ve had that luxury for the last 3yrs. This year they don’t just bully teams around and the crows have come home to roost. Coach Morison was kinda like Saban. Had 2 pretty good assistants but was awfully conservative with the Offense considering the talent he had. But the State Championship Team he coached would have gotten torched by last year’s team. So folks until they get overwhelming talent again i expect nothing to change. 

I haven't seen them this year Pops.  I'll have to take your word for it.

I do believe there's a different vibe happening there now.

Top of that schedule for them has been brutal. 

Maybe they get it turned around. 

35 minutes ago, Booger said:

them Tigers have been takin down by schools with a combined W-L of bout 28 Ws to 7 Ls with 4 or 3 of them tiger opponents bein undefeated......Dunlop sure ant seen that schedule......

....Booger thinkin that if them L's ant damaged them Tigers mental state......them Dunlop Injuns gonna be in for a long trek back from the possible residin place of the Boogers...

....Booger advice for all you Dunloppers in route to Fayetteville.....it will be catfish friday at B&B Corner Stop petro station on side of hwy 64 at the Huntland exit...

...trust ole Booger when Booger tells you that petro station catfish ant no joke....

Booger just sayin :thumb:

All this is good stuff.  On point.

But catfish at the petro station?  Really? 

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I haven't seen them this year Pops.  I'll have to take your word for it.

I do believe there's a different vibe happening there now.

Top of that schedule for them has been brutal. 

Maybe they get it turned around. 

6 who’d start for Oakland or Bradley, that’s quite a statement.

31 minutes ago, LCFayettevilleAlum said:

And yes they still have lots of talent but the coaching is God awful and there is no individual coaching what so ever I promise you that.

If this is correct you are in the perfect region. Not much outcoaching going on here. And I thought the QB who took them to a state championship should've stayed on the field. 

18 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

All this is good stuff.  On point.

But catfish at the petro station?  Really? 

trust Booger when Booger tells Southtowner that them fried river bottom feeder fillets that they are servin up at that B&B corner station at the Huntland exit on Fridays are worthy...

..Booger dont normally desire fried barnyard strut fingers....but they got them nailed down on the other days of the week.....Mama Booger gotta get two and a soda pop ever time the Boogers venture by Huntland on the way to visit Boogerette..

....Southtowner lookout.....one of them Injun supporters from Dunlop gonna stop on the way and test that catfish on Friday then get on T and say Booger nose stuff.....

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

Sometimes things just don't go your way. Talented kids on Fayetteville roster. QB did miss some throws but he was under constant pressure. Pretty much why he ran for almost 100 yds. The MC qb missed a wide open TD when they were inside the 20 in the 4th and Warriors came away with no points on that drive. To me it starts with coaching. Never should have faked the punt at midfield with a 7 point lead. Punt it deep and make the Warriors drive the length of the field. Instead MC takes a few plays and score. Then hold on Fayettevilles next possession and drive it down again for the go ahead score. Another thing I noticed is lack of depth. MC constantly subbing 3 to 5 players almost every play. Fayetteville didn't sub any. 

5 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

My “sources” are telling Me City’s Qb has regressed from last season. He holds the ball too long. Misses wide open receivers. And is afraid to run for fear of getting hurt. The wheels have fallen off the program in general. They have athletes. Should have been tied at the 1/2 at MC. But the Qb threw a woefully short pass to 2 Wide Open receivers behind the secondary for an easy score at midfield on their last possession. Once again it’s the same issue as last year. Probably the most talented team in the State in 1A and probably 2A. The HC and coordinators are pathetic. And I’m being generous. They’ve got 6 Kids that would probably start for any team in the State regardless of classification. Coaches have players in the wrong positions. And continually refuse to play the Best Players on both sides of the Ball. Their Mr Football finalist last year is 6’3” and 240 and played strong side LB except for a Shotgun formation occasionally running up the middle and on xtra points. He should have been out there at Tight End and worked him into the Offense. Either as a Blocker or on Curl Route Passes. He was on the Sideline 90% of the Offensive Snaps last year at McKenzie. Absolutely Ridiculous. A Good Coach would have cruised to a State Championship last year and it’s a total disaster this season. They have cut down on the 14 penalties on average last year to about 10. 13 at McKenzie. I can only say that the Coaches are 100% responsible for Penalties. The rest is up to Kids to make Plays. Penalties are on the Coaches. Period. Great talent normally overcomes average Coaching. They’ve had that luxury for the last 3yrs. This year they don’t just bully teams around and the crows have come home to roost. Coach Morison was kinda like Saban. Had 2 pretty good assistants but was awfully conservative with the Offense considering the talent he had. But the State Championship Team he coached would have gotten torched by last year’s team. So folks until they get overwhelming talent again i expect nothing to change. 

I have to question a few of deez statements patna. 

even if it’s 4 kids your telling me they could start for Alcoa? Bradley? Oakland? I’m not downing any kid but dats a tall task. 

most talented roster in 1A or 2a? Now dats not even considered reaching dats just flat out absurd. If dey had da most talented roster in 1A or 2a dey wouldn’t be sitting WAY below .500, bad coaching or not. 

Edited by BigCornbread