West @ Anderson Co.

WestHigh4Life

2nd half of season Zae has done good at learning the AC system. He is extremely talented. The end zone tonight we could have played conservative maybe should have but coach has confidence in Zae from what I think. And considering the play call that was all Zae could and IMO should do. The playoffs more important. And a good leaning experience for what the Mavs need to work on. Had we not been forced into a safety was 1 big difference in the outcome. I was hoping West would give us something but turned out the other way 

3 minutes ago, GoatLocker said:

Yep,  going to be that guy.   West RB helmet touched the ground when got hit.   You could barely see it and the speed of the play.  Defense should have finished the tackle.

You gotta call them like you see them.  Not sure if he was down or not, but West got the TD.  Sometimes you get the breaks in a game.  I do think that TD saved the Rebels the one or two other holding calls the officials were ready to throw at any minute.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

You gotta call them like you see them.  Not sure if he was down or not, but West got the TD.  Sometimes you get the breaks in a game.  I do think that TD saved the Rebels the one or two other holding calls the officials were ready to throw at any minute.  

Several years ago Boone was @ Greeneville, game was tight, Greeneville player got tackled and the Boone guy was on top of him, they rolled around, Greene guy bounced up and ran for a TD because the whistle never blew and everybody stopped playing.                 I remember seeing the pic of the Boonie on top of the Greenie and thinking How can the zeeb's not call that a tackle??   But they didn't and the whistle didn't blow so you are supposed to keep playing

8 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Several years ago Boone was @ Greeneville, game was tight, Greeneville player got tackled and the Boone guy was on top of him, they rolled around, Greene guy bounced up and ran for a TD because the whistle never blew and everybody stopped playing.                 I remember seeing the pic of the Boonie on top of the Greenie and thinking How can the zeeb's not call that a tackle??   But they didn't and the whistle didn't blow so you are supposed to keep playing

what I saw in the west/ac game wasn't anything like that.  The west player stayed on top, and I haven't seen anything yet that made me think he mightve been down.

• Upvote 2