Mr. Football

SSHawks12

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I like your stat better than mine, but I have double-checked mine. I get the official stats e-mailed to me after each Covington game, and Skylan is listed for 47 yards rushing on 15 carrys in the Dyersburg game. What is the source of your data?

Well like I said know for a  fact what he had that night. Heck his first rd run was 60 plus in that game. I have kept stats for Lake County since the 2000 season. I take alot of pride in having both teams stats correct.

Edited by lakecounty1968

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Well like I said know for a  fact what he had that night. Heck his first rd run was 60 plus in that game. I have kept stats for Lake County since the 2000 season. I take alot of pride in having both teams stats correct.

Are you talking about Calvin Mullins and Lake county? We’ve been talking about Skylan Smith, who plays for Covington, during the game against Dyersburg. Covington did not have a 60 plus yard run in that game. 

On 10/4/2023 at 6:40 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

Just saw an article in the Commercial Appeal that is a reprint from the Tennessean. The article lists 5 front runners for the 3A Mr. Football award:

Brady Hammonds - QB - Gatlinburg-Pittman

Radarious Jackson - QB, RB, DB, & receiver - Sheffield

Justyce Law - QB - Stratford

Brandon Winton - Receiver - Alcoa

Skylan Smith - RB - Covington .

I won’t try to put the entire article here, but it gives a nice thumbnail sketch of each player. Good luck, young men!

Watched Hammonds All Year. Two d1 receiver with great cast every one can catch the ball. Cream puff region scored 144  6 first Three region games last two won't be any different. Game 13 is what it all comes down to. Doing what we've never done.

1 hour ago, harley04 said:

Watched Hammonds All Year. Two d1 receiver with great cast every one can catch the ball. Cream puff region scored 144  6 first Three region games last two won't be any different. Game 13 is what it all comes down to. Doing what we've never done.

Hopefully you'll see the real Mr. Football. Alcoa's #7, when GP "tries" to tackle him! :thumb:

Skylan Smith of Covington continues to add to his season stats. After 9 games, he has:

Rushing 172 rushes for 1536 yards, 8.9 avg, 24 TD’s

Receiving 11 catches 229 yards 20.8 avg. 3 TD’s

KO returns 9 for 387, 43 avg 2 TD’s

So, his 29 TD’s are a pretty good total.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Giles County has three worthy candidates, but two of them somewhat cancel each other out.

Kamauri Turner is a senior playmaker that will go down as one of the best to ever wear a GCHS uniform. He has played QB/RB/WR all season for GCHS and has made several big plays defensively (when needed). The kid is an absolute gamer.

Nearly 1,500 total yards and 18 total touchdowns.

X'Zorion Randolph is a senior RB that will go over 1,000 yards rushing this season, but could likely have gone for 2,000 without Turner being such a force. He has 15 total touchdowns, including a 75-yard KO return.

Amare Smith is a senior OL/DL who has been a four-year staple on the offensive line for GCHS. He is the captain of the offense and is a terror at the tackle position. He has a sack and two fumble recoveries in limited defensive snaps (when needed). He is the son of former GCHS and UT Vols basketball standout Tyler Smith.

All three are tremendous young men and worthy of nomination, but I don't know if they will have the votes to get an official nomination, which is sad.

• Like 1