Will Maryville make a change this offseason?

ILB1999

34 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Audience Clapping GIF - Audience Clapping Applause - Discover & Share GIFs

xcellunt stuff JJr2010.......Did eye evur tale ewe how much eye luv a 3 man D-line...???

1. Less peepull affectin' tha QB inn tha passin' gaim

b. Leafin' one orr both 270-300 lb.guards uncovered two runn uninhibited and git upp to our smallish LBers on runnin plays

c. Maybee hit wood werk goodur if'un we haid biggur LB's like we did inn 2019.....Seth.... Mason Shelton....Matthew Brooks etc...but knott his yeer

4. We hurd inn tha pre-seesun thait we gonna haiv sum linemuns go both ways....Welp were runnin out ov gaims......And hit shore wood haiv been nice two haiv Heckmann orr Boyd on tha goleline D inn ovurtime......(ewe know two haiv a guy orr two ovur 220lbs on deefence inn thait sitchuashun).....butt......smh.....

:rolleyes:

I'll never understand why they're running a 3-man line like they are, Stars. It just doesn't make sense. I've never seen anyone at any level run it they way they do. Only 3 down lineman, and most of the time the linebackers are at least 5-7 yards off the ball. You're putting the defense at a huge disadvantage from the start. I agree on a few linemen going both ways. I'm not saying all the time, but in certain situations like the goaline situation you mentioned, that would make a huge difference. Instead, they're content with just giving up walk-in TD's or gimme first downs on any short yardage plays. 

I was surprised how many empty seats there were in the center season ticket section the other night for such a big game. I could have walked from the top to the bottom row where I was setting, A straight shot all the way without a person in those seats. I figured they either went on fall vacation or they were sick of the 3 down linemen also and have checked out for the year.

There is alot of season left to play this year. Certainly, murvil has not looked very good to this point, but they have not been mauled by any NIL teams ...yet. Every game to this point has been winnable from what I have seen. Somehow,,,someway...they gotta find enough plays to win these closer games. It seems these coaches are trying to find the right sequence of buttons to push as lots of kids have played, but the sequence has been hard to find. 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, 6-2, 7-1, gap 8, whatever. It is not rocket science. You gotta stop them when it matters, and you got to move the ball when you need points. Luckily, the Chiefs and Cowboys are not in the region, only some other high school teams. Murvil may not reach their potential this year, but they are not far away IMO. I expect them to continue working and FIND A WAY.

BTW - Murvil lost their best english and math teachers this past off season...just saying.

10 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Maryville will beat Clevland and Farragut but will lose to Alcoa. I also see Maryville back in the semifinal. So there, I called it. No need to even play the games. 

Booger thinkin wacojaco will be in debt if any wagerin past the 1/4's is lain down....

Booger just sayin ;)

1 hour ago, Booger said:

Booger thinkin wacojaco will be in debt if any wagerin past the 1/4's is lain down....

Booger just sayin ;)

Boog ewe mite bee rite orr Waco mite be rite.....Butt ewe steal ant haid a menshun onn tha 6 o'klock knews like my buddy Waco....Evurbodee else onn tha CoachT bored iz jist playin' fer seccund place imo...:popcorneater:

24 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Boog ewe mite bee rite orr Waco mite be rite.....Butt ewe steal ant haid a menshun onn tha 6 o'klock knews like my buddy Waco....Evurbodee else onn tha CoachT bored iz jist playin' fer seccund place imo...:popcorneater:

Ha! Old Clark went down swingn' didn't he. 

1 hour ago, Booger said:

Booger just sayin ;)

Well as an outsider looking in it looks to me like this is a very unusual year in Region 2. It's very unusual that you will see this many "good" teams in one region. The biggest thing is that Maryville is down this year which makes them just one of the "good" teams. Not the great team they're used to. A lot of wishful thinking by opposing fans saying the Maryville run is over. Even a few Marville fans starting to lose faith. And I can somewhat understand their thinking. In the past 25 years a down year to Maryville fans has been going undefeated until the semi-finals or losing in the state championship game. An undefeated season, or a one or two loss season, only comes around once ever 4 to 6 years for 90% of the rest top schools of the state. 

I'm just sayin' to the Maryville foes......Don't start your celebration to early. Their three loses were by a total of 16 points to three very good teams, they're starting a freshman at QB and he only gets better with every game, very possible Ladue (one of the best RB's in the state) is back by the last regular season game, and the chance that Maryville sticks with that three-man line is near zero. And everybody knows how hard it is to beat a team twice in one season. Figure in that team is named Maryville and you only beat them by a touchdown. You'd be a fool to bet against Maryville. 

• Like 1

They are 4-3 with 3 losses totaling 16 points in what was known to be a potential "down" year anyway.

The kid the entire team was built around has been injured since week 1 and they are playing a freshman at QB.

Are there things I don't understand, especially on defense? Yes.

Ideal? No. But sheesh.

14 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well as an outsider looking in it looks to me like this is a very unusual year in Region 2. It's very unusual that you will see this many "good" teams in one region. The biggest thing is that Maryville is down this year which makes them just one of the "good" teams. Not the great team they're used to. A lot of wishful thinking by opposing fans saying the Maryville run is over. Even a few Marville fans starting to lose faith. And I can somewhat understand their thinking. In the past 25 years a down year to Maryville fans has been going undefeated until the semi-finals or losing in the state championship game. An undefeated season, or a one or two loss season, only comes around once ever 4 to 6 years for 90% of the rest top schools of the state. 

I'm just sayin' to the Maryville foes......Don't start your celebration to early. Their three loses were by a total of 16 points to three very good teams, they're starting a freshman at QB and he only gets better with every game, very possible Ladue (one of the best RB's in the state) is back by the last regular season game, and the chance that Maryville sticks with that three-man line is near zero. And everybody knows how hard it is to beat a team twice in one season. Figure in that team is named Maryville and you only beat them by a touchdown. You'd be a fool to bet against Maryville. 

dont be thinkin Booger is anti-reblerin......Booger has had the pleasure of a red carpetin autographin experience and seating right dab in the middle of the most famous of Rebels at Skeeter Stadium.....

....most them Rebels are spoiled and cant help themselves but to be hurtin....figurin them listtle sisters a couple miles away would be skippin games and beinn madder if it were hapnin to them

....just remember Booger Pickins way way past that 75% mark

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: