EARLY PLAYOFF TALK: West side of the state- REGIONS 5-8

Chiledeme

Region 7-4A Haywood Crockett Dyer Co and Obion will be the 4 teams that advance to playoffs. As of right now Haywood is 2-0 in region with Crockett n Dyer left to play. Dyer Co is 1-0 with Haywood Obion and Fayette ware left to play. Crockett is 1-1 with Haywood and Fayette ware left to play. Obion is 0-2 with Fayette ware and Dyer County left to play. The last team in region is Fayette ware they are winless on the season and still have Obion Dyer and Crockett to play.

Edited by RTRRudy1189

Region 6-4A

HardinCounty 3-0 with SS and Lexington left to play

Lexington 1-1 with Hardin, Chester and SGC left to play

North Side 1-1 with Chester, SS and SGC left to play 

SGC 1-1 with North Side SS and Lexington left to play

Chester 1-2 with North Side and Lexington left to play

South Side 0-2 with Hardin North Side and SGC left to play 

so mathematically Hardin is locked in playoffs but have not secured the 1 spot. If  North Side or SGC won out and Hardin lost their last two then either NS or SGC could get the one spot. I think that would be right anyways . But with all that said, there is still a lot of scenarios for seeding and to much football left to play in this region to call anything a lock. I will say I think SS is probably out with the remaining schedule they have..

8-4A

Millington is 3-0 in league play and has locked in a spot with only Melrose left to play. 

Craigmont (2-1) is in with only Melrose left and that game could be for the 2 seed.

Melrose is currently only 1-0 in league play and finished with Ridgeway, Craigmont & Millington

Both Kirby & Ridgeway are winless in league play. If Melrose defeats Ridgeway, it will come down to the winner of the Kirby/Ridgeway game for the 4th spot

Region 5

Marshall County  7-1 5-0 WC & PC

Pearl Cohn 8-0 5-0 WH & MC

White House 5-3 3-2 PC & CW

Station Camp 2-5 2-2 CW,MC &WC and they should win them all.

Creek wood 2-5 2-2 SC,GB&WH….

honest opinion, Marshall County, and Pearl Cohn fight for first. Station camp will win out and jump White House unless WH upset PC. CW has a slimmmm chance but they match up good with a lot of the teams so them winning wouldn’t surprise me neither.

Edited by FBfan26

• 2 weeks later...

Region 7-3A:

#1 - Dyersburg
#2 - Winner of Westview/Covington
#3 - Loser of Westview/Covington
#4 - Ripley

Region 8-3A:

#1 - Sheffield

I think Bolton will finish in the #2 with Hamilton at #3 and the winner of Memphis East/Raleigh Egypt taking #4. 

If the above plays out, we will see the following:

Dburg (Home)
Memphis East/Raleigh Egypt

Bolton (Home)
Westview/Covington Loser

Hamilton
Westview/Covington Winner (Home)

Ripley
Sheffield (Home)

5 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Region 7-3A:

#1 - Dyersburg
#2 - Winner of Westview/Covington
#3 - Loser of Westview/Covington
#4 - Ripley

Region 8-3A:

#1 - Sheffield

I think Bolton will finish in the #2 with Hamilton at #3 and the winner of Memphis East/Raleigh Egypt taking #4. 

If the above plays out, we will see the following:

Dburg (Home)
Memphis East/Raleigh Egypt

Bolton (Home)
Westview/Covington Loser

Hamilton
Westview/Covington Winner (Home)

Ripley
Sheffield (Home)

That’s the way it looks to me. 8-3A appears to be set for the #1, 2, and 3 ranked teams. Raleigh-Egypt is currently in 5th place but could move into 4th place by beating East this week.

I’m hearing a lot about the Jackson kid at Sheffield. He’s evidently a legit candidate for Mr. Football in 3A, being a multi-position guy (QB, receiver, DB). Ripley is locked in to going to Memphis to play Sheffield. Do you think Sheffield might take that game?