What about Oakland ?

watermaker

23 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Yeah Oakland fans could run around chest beating but they don’t. Apart from the occasional beef with yours truly, it’s a pretty respectable fan base. Can’t say the same for that annoying Bradley program that wants to give us a second by second play by play about their recruits…

Can't speak for all Oakland fans, but my father started taking me to Oakland games when we were pretty bad, getting  our teeth kicked in by Riverdale on a annual basis. I didn't see a Oakland team in a playoff game until my 8th season as a fan , so that can humble you a little bit.

I hope Oakland's dominance lasts for a long time but as we've seen with Riverdale and Maryville, no dynasty lasts forever 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, watermaker said:

Begging your most humble pardon Cougar Dad. I believe this is my first post this season. I just enjoy seeing what others thoughts are....most of the time !

No need to ask for my pardon! I appreciate you firing a shot. Not much traffic on here for the Boro schools - Blackman and Riverdale folks have all evaporated, the others had a thin following.

On 10/10/2023 at 8:18 AM, GoPats2019 said:

If things turn south, we can always hype the freshmen, JV and middle school teams. 

Lol....exactly.  I'm a Oakland homer big time but nothing to see here.  Business as usual on Patriot Drive.  

And to clarify my statement.  I don't really think that Oakland will cruise through the playoffs without some serious competion from other teams.  It's just that so far they haven't had to play any of those.  Looking forward to the Riverdale game and playoffs.  I'm sure it will get more interesting then.

Edited by ttitan27
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Can't speak for all Oakland fans, but my father started taking me to Oakland games when we were pretty bad, getting  our teeth kicked in by Riverdale on a annual basis. I didn't see a Oakland team in a playoff game until my 8th season as a fan , so that can humble you a little bit.

I hope Oakland's dominance lasts for a long time but as we've seen with Riverdale and Maryville, no dynasty lasts forever 

Not sure I would compare the Riverdale dynasty to Maryville.  Maryville's has  been for decades,

6 minutes ago, Augustus said:

It is amazing what they have done for so long.

Agreed. Don't think most fans understand how hard it us until their own team goes on a similar run. Their run of consecutive semifinal trips will be hard to match at the 5A/6A level

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Speaking of Oakland, I have heard that Tom Nolan (former principal of RHS) has been vocal as to what Riverdale is going to do   with Oakland.  I think an expletive was mentioned with a statement...."It feels like 2004." Can't wait to see this game. 

I do think Riverdale is capable of beating Oakland, but their nowhere near what they were in 2004. I do think it's the best all around team they've had in at least a decade. The atmosphere in Week 11 should be electric 

On 10/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, MidTennFootball said:

That is what I am saying about Pearl-Cohn

• Like 1