What about Oakland ?

watermaker

4 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

Question not relevant but you have a lot of knowledge on high school football. Max prep and I know it doesn't matter about rating till DEC but do they value private Div II AAA  inter league games more than 6A. Ex: Mcallie is rated 59 strength of schedule 33 , Baylor 54 strength 34 , MUS 45 strength14 . 6A you have Germantown 44 strength 14, Oakland 42 strength 19. I get strength of schedule, but is rating due to they value DivII AAA league inter schedule to be harder than 6A?  Only comparison I saw was Oakland / Mcallie scrimmage and it was close with Mcallie by a couple points but Oakland didn't have many key players participate. Morris didn't play Jones played 1 series , Haynesworth out, couple DBs out. Oakland dominated MBA was not close with those key players out or limited. So I guess my question how is the rating based. Strength of schedule without Oakland game vs Center Grove would it be way lower?

Yes they correctly view II-AAA as the dominant class in TN and the SOS usually supports that. No doubt Oakland's SOS would take a dip without Center Grove who will end up being a top 50 team in national polls, maybe top 25. If Oakland’s dominance continues their SOS will get higher every year bc of the lack of TN teams willing to schedule them 

3 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I'll give ya'll credit for beating Alcoa for sure, everyone picked yall to lose that one. They recruit at a high level, but still are 3A and play players both ways every year. To me yall should always beat them and for the most part you do.

I picked us to win. And we did.

By the way, we petitioned the TSSAA to play up in the early days of 6A.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Wanted to congratulate Daune Morris and Craig Tutt on their recent offers from UT and to Jordan James for another solid game for Oregon (44 yards rushing on 7 carries and a TD with 2 receptions for 30 yards)

Watching JJ's growth in college has been fun. I saw him a handful of times at Oakland, and he was solid, but he has quickly caught the next gear.

4 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Watching JJ's growth in college has been fun. I saw him a handful of times at Oakland, and he was solid, but he has quickly caught the next gear.

Freely admit I wasn't sure if he'd contribute at big P5 program but he's made the most of what touches he has gotten. His ability to catch the ball out of the backfield is going to get him alot of attention at the next level 

Oakland who?   They reign is over.  They had a good run now    Lot more equal now.  Going to be fun to watch going forward.   Need to bring Smyrna and Stewart back and Mack all Rutherford region like they did in Clarksville.  Smyrna used to dominate that region.  Great football though   

2 hours ago, MADDOG09 said:

Oakland who?   They reign is over.  They had a good run now    Lot more equal now.  Going to be fun to watch going forward.   Need to bring Smyrna and Stewart back and Mack all Rutherford region like they did in Clarksville.  Smyrna used to dominate that region.  Great football though   

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it may be

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MADDOG09 said:

Hahaha!