What about Oakland ?

watermaker

8 hours ago, BobbyB said:

I agree great player got big future in college and likely NFL. Likely best RB in OAKLAND history.

And the thing about it is that he shared carries with another very good running back.   Antonio Patterson, who plays for FIU now.  How gaudy would James numbers be if he had all the carries.  I believe James averaged right at 120 yds/game and Patterson about 80 yds/game.

14 hours ago, theawesomebro said:

agreed mccallie and baylor are in a class by themselves most friday nights. 

i dont think LA could beat oakland this year.  might be a blowout if the wrong LA team shows up.  

oakland is the best of the public schools until someone beats them.  it's bull crap for bradley to be above them in the polls but that will be sorted out soon enough.

I could not agree more with this post.

21 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

And the thing about it is that he shared carries with another very good running back.   Antonio Patterson, who plays for FIU now.  How gaudy would James numbers be if he had all the carries.  I believe James averaged right at 120 yds/game and Patterson about 80 yds/game.

And a QB that had some solid rushing yards + the Horton kid at WR. That team was strong.

• Upvote 1

Oakland’s level of dominance has reached the point where people don’t even have to talk about them.  They’ve blown right by so many traditionally strong programs and have raised the bar as high as it’s ever been raised by a public school in this state.  That’s the Kevin Creasy Effect.  When he came to the Boro and brought his “2A playing style/2A system” a lot of people never thought it would work at the 6A level.  It’s worked and then some and I’m sure a lot of the 6A powerhouses are now looking at schools at the 1A-2A-3A levels to find their answers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

Oakland’s level of dominance has reached the point where people don’t even have to talk about them.  They’ve blown right by so many traditionally strong programs and have raised the bar as high as it’s ever been raised by a public school in this state.  That’s the Kevin Creasy Effect.  When he came to the Boro and brought his “2A playing style/2A system” a lot of people never thought it would work at the 6A level.  It’s worked and then some and I’m sure a lot of the 6A powerhouses are now looking at schools at the 1A-2A-3A levels to find their answers.  

Got to admit, when Creasy was hired the idea of surpassing Maryville and the rest of 6A so completely seemed unlikely. He took a really good program and made them great. Oakland owes all of its success in the last 15 years to small school coaches. If you can win at the lower levels then you can win in 6A

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Got to admit, when Creasy was hired the idea of surpassing Maryville and the rest of 6A so completely seemed unlikely. He took a really good program and made them great. Oakland owes all of its success in the last 15 years to small school coaches. If you can win at the lower levels then you can win in 6A

Creasy was a proven commodity at the small school level, but at the end of the day good coaches are good coaches. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

If only Oakland had someone who could take the time to post a weekly passive aggressive (OFFICIAL)  broken Appalachian English thread about the team and their upcoming opponent. It's then I feel they would be relevant. 

The better Oakland has gotten under Creasy, the more I've come to respect Maryville folk. Oakland has only gotten the grief/jealousy for winning big in the last few years.

• Like 1