Riverdale @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

This team isn't as dominant as the last 2-3, still finding their way in some areas and they'll probably have to play a Riverdale team twice that has a very good offense and a solid defense. Add to the fact that this is the deepest 6A has ever been, its going to take some significant strides the next month to get back to Chattanooga 

I approve the message above. This isn't the Oakland team of the last three years. There are some deficiencies in their game, but  still would give them a puncher's chance.  

6 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I approve the message above. This isn't the Oakland team of the last three years. There are some deficiencies in their game, but  still would give them a puncher's chance.  

That and 6A has stepped up its game. Wasn't that long ago you could predict the final 4 before the season started. The playoffs will be fun to watch

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BarnBurner09 said:

For Riverdale it’s basically 

“IF NOT NOW THEN WHEN” 

they have the team. They can win this and have home field in the Quarters. 

this is a great week all around the state I love it

They definitely can win this game, but their better pack a lunch because this will be a dog fight.

As others that follow the Oakland program closely have said, this isn't your typical Oakland team.  They have stumbled on occasion and have not had the overwhelming dominance that we have all come to love as supporters.  That being said they have gotten progressively better as the season has moved along and are playing pretty good football by most standards.  Riverdale seems to have an explosive offense and are well coached.  I feel Oakland gets the win in this first matchup of the year but they are going to have to work for it.  Should be a fun one.

4 hours ago, chrisburr said:

6A is the toughest and most competitive it has ever been

Oakland is the Favorite and The Front Runner, but not the Runaway Favorite

There are several possible winners (Oakland and Riverdale) among them (and no Maryville aint one of them)

But yeah gonna be unpredictable

Never count Maryville out - last two weeks, they have played some solid ball. But that's not what this thread is about.