Rockwood @ Coalfield

Coachd811

19 hours ago, rtl112 said:

What teams do have a winning record against you all?  South Pitt, and some bigger schools I assume but not many!  Maybe Oneida too.

Lake County (Championship)

Dresden (Championship)

TC 2A now

SP

GCA

Tellico Plains 2A

Townsend

Porter

Lanier

Walland

Friendsville 

Last 5 where before Bill Satterfield and they held a commanding win loss on us.And are all closed of course.

Edited by orngnblk

17 minutes ago, crow said:

I’d try to forget that one too! Y’all were a great team but they were men amongst boys that day. Best “1A” team I ever watched. 

And they wouldn't even let their best player touch it, would have won the year before if they would have used him.

On 10/22/2023 at 12:14 AM, Thebalduglyduck said:

From what I heard is Rockwood was scared to schedule them. 

This is False. I asked Coach Henry years ago why he won't play Rockwood instead of traveling so far for non region games. He told me it did not benefit playing Rockwood because he was afarid of getting kids hurt because how physical Rockwood plays. And at the time during the crazy z plan it would have hurt Coalfield if they lost to Rockwood. 

10 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

This is False. I asked Coach Henry years ago why he won't play Rockwood instead of traveling so far for non region games. He told me it did not benefit playing Rockwood because he was afarid of getting kids hurt because how physical Rockwood plays. And at the time during the crazy z plan it would have hurt Coalfield if they lost to Rockwood. 

Rockwood played Coalfield twice during the z plan.....2009 and '10

23 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Lake County (Championship)

Dresden (Championship)

TC 2A now

SP

GCA

Tellico Plains 2A

Townsend

Porter

Lanier

Walland

Friendsville 

Last 5 where before Bill Satterfield and they held a commanding win loss on us.And are all closed of course.

They closed because they didn't want to have to face y'all anymore!

The only reason we have the edge like we do against you guys is because of those years we were in the same region. That was when you were in between powerhouse runs. You have the edge where it counts ... in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

They closed because they didn't want to have to face y'all anymore!

The only reason we have the edge like we do against you guys is because of those years we were in the same region. That was when you were in between powerhouse runs. You have the edge where it counts ... in the playoffs.

Been some great games and outstanding atmospheres.Cant wait till we get back to being relevant.We have never went this long with out a ranked team.Very discouraging!