Science Hill visits Dobyns-Bennett

BarneySox2007

3 hours ago, Pioneers1982 said:

Just like everyone else putting Crockett down. I hope Science Hill puts a whipping on those Indians so so I can say DB really wasn’t a threat to win this game.

Well dang.  Don from AM 640 got you that fired up?  Lol. 

I haven't put Crockett down.  I hope y'all smack the Smoky out of the Bears tonight.

On 10/24/2023 at 3:09 PM, WBNC83 said:

Jefferson County is not part of the Tri-Cities. The Tri-Cities consist of Johnson City, Kingsport and Bristol.

I think SH wins this one by 10-14 pts.

In the old days in the 80s, Jeff Co, Greeneville and the Morristown schools were part of the old IMAC, and DB, Science Hill, Bristol and the Sullivans etc, were part of the old Big 7. I liked that, seemed like the IMAC often had the upper hand, 

2 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Just curious... who will win 2A in Virginia?

Never mind... Riverheads.  Forgot they moved up this year.  Union should get to the championship game though.  Radford may be the only question out of the West.

Union would have beat D-B last week the way we played.

I'll say Radford will beat Riverhead, Landen Clark for Radford is the real deal, I would say Appomattox but they're down this year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Well, I don’t consider that the Tri-Cities area, so let’s just say Upper Northeast Tennessee. And yes. Battle for #3

You sound like Fritz BDD :lol:.  I would definitely consider Greene County as part of the Tri-Cities area we do touch Washington and a little tip of Sullivan County when looking at a map. (I can be to ETSU in 20 min from the house I grew up in) Fritz use to include us in his Tri-Cities Sports poles when I played but not after we won the our first title.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greene_County,_Tennessee#/media/File:Map_of_Tennessee_highlighting_Greene_County.svg

Edited by Swipes

3 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

Just curious... who will win 2A in Virginia?

Never mind... Riverheads.  Forgot they moved up this year.  Union should get to the championship game though.  Radford may be the only question out of the West.

Union would have beat D-B last week the way we played.

I wouldn't discount Graham, now that Clements is healthy. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TriCitiesRebels said:

Real question here is how long until Coach Carter starts to get interest from the college level after yet another win on his home field in Kingsport. Performance in rivalries matters and that's why he will have some decisions to make soon. Stay the big man at Science Hill, or climb the ranks in the Sun Belt or SEC?

Forget the NCAA, there might be an open spot in the Boston area soon