Springfield at Southwind, Round 1

JacketLover

13 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

R7 wins 3 out of 4

Closer for comfort than Hendersonville would've liked I'm sure, but they got it done. We get them in Patriot Stadium again next week. Rematches against good teams always make me nervous. And Southwind vs. Beech is legitimately intriguing. Round 2 will be very interesting for Region 7. 

38 minutes ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Man Springfield gave southwind enough bulletin talk for weeks. I know y’all love the jackets but south wind ain’t going out like that. Beech better come proper these boys are legit

Beech is just happy to be mentioned in the same sentence as Southwind and hope to keep it respectable. 

1 minute ago, mondo44 said:

This will be a vintage Crabtree game. Smashmouth, run the play clock down, slow the game down. Bucs 28 Southwind 21

The only problem this Beech team is not your typical 3 yards and cloud of dust. If they play like they have the last three weeks, this game will be over at half. 

On 10/31/2023 at 3:27 PM, NoPuntIntended said:

Springfield has zero wins against teams with a winning record according to unapproved website. Southwind only has 2 wins against teams with an above .500 record (Munford & Melrose) both are solid teams. Southwind's Dline could arguably be one of the best in the state, with 1 of them being a Memphis commit. Southwind's QB plays well above his age, if SW defense shows up like they have all year I believe Southwind has the potential to win convincingly. Not counting out Springfield by any means, but In my opinion Southwind is the much better team in this matchup. 

My prediction was right... SW with the huge win!