Lipscomb Academy

BelmontRebel

26 minutes ago, cbg said:

Yes, the clearing house determines the exact amount of financial aid that a family qualifies for.  However, the school may offer 100% of the amount that a student qualifies for, or they may offer much less than what the clearing house says that the student qualifies for.  It is my understanding that there are three different clearing houses, and some are more generous with the way they calculate the aid qualified for than the other ones.  Each individual school determines which clearing house or houses they wish to use.  

Your comment is very similar to my understanding of the clearing houses and how financial aid is supposed to work.  I know the Catholic schools in Nashville use - or at least used to - the least generous clearing house. 

And I think some confuse 100% of the available financial aid with 100% tuition. 

Edited by JRB
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smokey2Go said:

One in the same - living vicariously through his son.  He's left a mess at every school his son has been enrolled.  Ensworth better watch out.  Sorta sad that FCA is his employer. Peek at his SM, Jesus this and Christian that.  Karma is something else. 

His baggage from BA sure didn't stop Lipscomb from welcoming him with open arms.

Hypocrite. Fool me once..........................................................................................................

51 minutes ago, JRB said:

Your comment is very similar to my understanding of the clearing houses and how financial aid is supposed to work.  I know the Catholic schools in Nashville use - or at least used to - the least generous clearing house. 

And I think some confuse 100% of the available financial aid with 100% tuition. 

You are in Sumner....what do you know about Nashville Catholic schools?:roflol:

Just kidding buddy!

19 hours ago, Intheknow2 said:

So is the kid paying full tuition at Ensworth or did he get an NIL deal?

Schools have discretion on whether they will or not award financial aid. So, they do not have to pay financial aid to kids just because they are financially eligible.  So, the kid may have gotten FA pulled by Lipscomb because they did not want him/value him/etc., and he could qualify for the max amount at Ensworth and/or other schools. 

Schools also calculate these amounts differently--but within the same general framework. 

Just now, ILB1999 said:

awesome.  You're both a psychic and a grammer nazi.  You should definitely avoid public schools.  I'm certain you'd hate them.

"[I]f the DIIAAA championship this year is Baylor vs. McCallie" is not a prediction--it is an if/then scenario.  As for public schools, I went to them all the way through.  I do not hate them. However, I am beginning to not like you very much.  

2 minutes ago, Whoweft said:

"[I]f the DIIAAA championship this year is Baylor vs. McCallie" is not a prediction--it is an if/then scenario.  As for public schools, I went to them all the way through.  I do not hate them. However, I am beginning to not like you very much.  

You're right.  My bad.  I thought you were foretelling the size of the crowd.  I ain't real bright so you have to bear with me.

18 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

You are in Sumner....what do you know about Nashville Catholic schools?:roflol:

Just kidding buddy!

Let me clarify, Nashville Diocese schools. My kids did go to St Joe’s ;)

BTW, who is this? PurplePanther doesn’t come around these parts any longer. Everybody good?

On 11/1/2023 at 8:33 AM, gcapride said:

I was thinking about everything that took place this year at LA:

Dilfer leaves for UAB

Bring in Mawae, who turns out to be a bust according to the LA posters

Bring in the 5 star QB for a couple of games 

Backup QB wasn't happy and team chemistry suffered, again, according to LA posters

5 star QB bolts back across the state line to MS

LA has a disappointing year in the W-L columns

TSSAA drops the hammer on LA for breaking several rules

2 Year Post Season Ban upheld through appeals process

LA beats McCallie to end their season

That's a lot of stuff going on within a program in 1 year.....

Something important you are missing is the probation they were put on this past Spring for using an Athlete in a social media post about their Endeavor program. It put the entire Athletic program on probation for a year. 

So, while I feel sorry for the seniors and juniors who won't be able to play in the playoffs this year and next, they and their families knew that one slip up by the school, the coaches, whomever, would land the school and the program in hotter water than usual. Not a reason to leave but certainly a reason to be very unhappy with the athletic department and football coaches who had to know that the family members had not officially moved here from Mississippi. Likewise, the assistant coach knew that he had sent texts that could harm the program and seemingly would have sent them while already on probation.

If the school had come forward in September and made the TSSAA aware of the infractions themselves, I wonder if they would have just been able to forfeit the win and dismiss the coach. 

• Upvote 1