Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

On 12/6/2023 at 8:50 AM, THE KING said:

I think talent wise, we're on top.  It comes down to staying focused.  NG is the most dangerous obstacle.  They always are tougher after Christmas.  We're not playing as well on our home floor as I would like.  It almost looks like we're too comfortable if that makes any sense.  There was a little over 2 minutes left in the first quarter before my girl scored the first points. We can't afford to start that slow 

Of course there's gonna be some tougher games, but the Lady Landers are going to be favored in every single game this year. I'm just worried the same thing that happened to the 04-05 Unaka team will happen to them once the can match them step for step. 

12 hours ago, crazzyness said:

Of course there's gonna be some tougher games, but the Lady Landers are going to be favored in every single game this year. I'm just worried the same thing that happened to the 04-05 Unaka team will happen to them once the can match them step for step. 

I think the development of the freshman and the twins are gonna be key by tourney time.   We couldn't play well with different lineups last year.  This year is much better 

20 hours ago, THE KING said:

NG 55-40.  Looking good for our district brother.  Coalfield lost to jellico tonight.  Sunbright is looking like the best team in r2

I’ve seen a few of these teams and region 2 looks to be way down this year, the only thing I could see hurting you guys in your schedule, maybe they have some good competition in the holiday tournaments coming up.

36 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I’ve seen a few of these teams and region 2 looks to be way down this year, the only thing I could see hurting you guys in your schedule, maybe they have some good competition in the holiday tournaments coming up.

They make up for it in practice.  The 2nd five really pushes the first string.  Not a big gap between the 2.  Most of our scores may be lopsided but Twin springs, Mitchell and HV have as good of a half court defense as anybody.  What hurts these teams is they can't handle pressure and they don't shoot well.  We've been constantly keeping teams in transition and the score makes it look like they are bad teams.  

My prediction for final 4 region 1 tournament.  Cloudland, North Greene, Cosby and Washburn.  First time in a long time that I believe district 2 will have 2 teams in the semifinals.  Unaka losing to Hancock has me smh. Plus with Hampton gone, that leaves UH.  I'm thinking James b. and company can make it to the big dance again and what a feat that would be considering what he lost.  Of course I'm hoping they have to travel for that sectional but we both will have the better teams regardless.  I'm already excited for January and February 

On 12/14/2023 at 8:45 AM, THE KING said:

We got Hampton tomorrow night.  It's not a district game anymore but you won't convince these girls its not.  It will be electric at sonny Smith 

A heads up for Hampton and Cloudland fans. Coach T scoreboard does not show the game being streamed. I just checked out the NFHS site and that network will be streaming both the girls and boys games tonight, starting at 6 P.M. Should be barnburners.

3 hours ago, Americal198 said:

A heads up for Hampton and Cloudland fans. Coach T scoreboard does not show the game being streamed. I just checked out the NFHS site and that network will be streaming both the girls and boys games tonight, starting at 6 P.M. Should be barnburners.

The girls game should be.  We'll get roasted in the boys

• 2 weeks later...