Who are the top teams in East Tennessee?

Jhooper24

8 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

South Green did not get mercy ruled in this game. They are a solid team. University High will not win the state championship this season. They are a solid team but will not win it. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Isn't Douglass in Memphis a 2A school. I heard they might have the best team in the state, all classes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Fulton took it to the Gov's last night.  So much speed and quickness and depth.  WB is still a team to be reckoned with in the area, but right now they are too dependent on their senior combo of Windle and Roberts.  Those two scored 42 of their 53 points last night.  I'm impressed with the heart of the Cortez kid ... he looked like he belonged out there.  The rest of the Governor team, at least last night, didn't appear to be ready for the big stage.

But it's a tournament sport and if anyone can have them ready, it's Coach Windle.  

Here's what was awesome, to see players from both squads circle up, mingled together with their arms around each other's shoulders praying together at the end.  Thank God for Christian coaches like Kevin and Coach Wright.

• Upvote 2