GALLATIN @ OAKLAND -FIRST ROUND OF PLAYOFFS

runninblind

1 minute ago, wave88 said:

I was surprised by the size of the home crowd.  I’ve seen more fans at a Hunters Lane game than what I saw last night.  I won’t blame Creasy when he leaves if that’s all he gets in crowd support for a home game.  That was crazy

72074856562__C3424B43-2430-4A39-A802-C49FD0A8BA61.jpeg

Not uncommon and also the byproduct of an area growing to the point of not having many ties with the actual school. Oakland streams all their home games which is something I've found myself taking advantage of more and more. Crowds like this were pretty common towards the end of the Rankin era @ Riverdale towards the end. Ppl take success for granted 

When Creasy leaves, it'll be for a job that pays better (private) or double dips

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not uncommon and also the byproduct of an area growing to the point of not having many ties with the actual school. Oakland streams all their home games which is something I've found myself taking advantage of more and more. Crowds like this were pretty common towards the end of the Rankin era @ Riverdale towards the end. Ppl take success for granted 

I can remember the last time these two played on that field in 2011 was a regular season game, and both sides were packed up full to see these 2 teams face each other. That was a regular season game. This was a playoff matchup between them. Very surprising. People usually like to see the traditional matchups. 

1 minute ago, thegreatone36 said:

I can remember the last time these two played on that field in 2011 was a regular season game, and both sides were packed up full to see these 2 teams face each other. That was a regular season game. This was a playoff matchup between them. Very surprising. People usually like to see the traditional matchups. 

That was also a few high schools and other changes ago. Oakland's socio economic makeup is much different than the rest of the county. If you've been to any Oakland home games the last 4-5 years, about the only games that fill up are Riverdale or Maryville. I don't like it and I'm sure Creasy doesnt but alot of programs in large metro areas struggle to put butts in the seats, not just a Nashville problem. Just not alot of ppl that live in the area with connections to Oakland and the ones that do probably had their kids go to Siegel

I think the reality of the situation is that Oakland fans felt like it was going to be a lopsided game which it was so to see a crowd like that for a playoff home opener is not surprising.   Seen many first and second round games like that in the Creasy era.  Oakland fans have gotten waaaayy to used to winning.   Including me.

Anyone know how the two Oakland QB's stacked up statistically?  I know they both threw at least one td based on what I read but don't know much more than that. 

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Rutherford County like pretty much everyone else, is open zoned so not alot of "real" kids at alot of RuCo programs. Most of the kids on that roster have been with the program since middle school . MS & other feeders rarely lose

The two stud running backs haven’t though.  NPA has definitely helped Creasy build that powerhouse back.   Oakland has a stout program and good facilities.  That indoor practice facility is as nice as any that you will find around here.  The crowd size did look down but the success of the team hasn’t wavered much.   When Creasy leaves they will struggle to keep status quo and that is only because the bar has been set extremely high.  

Just now, GWAVE1 said:

The two stud running backs haven’t though.  NPA has definitely helped Creasy build that powerhouse back.   Oakland has a stout program and good facilities.  That indoor practice facility is as nice as any that you will find around here.  The crowd size did look down but the success of the team hasn’t wavered much.   When Creasy leaves they will struggle to keep status quo and that is only because the bar has been set extremely high.  

Creasy took over a program that had gone 24-3 in the 2 prior seasons, so no building back but he def. elevated it. Not disputing anything about transfers, but it's just the way it is now,  the days of having a team that that is 100% local are gone, but the success of Oakland’s feeder will keep Oakland successful after Creasy is gone. Don't think any of the regulars on this site think Oakland can win at the rate they have under Creasy, but you can say the same about any great dynasty. Creasy gets alot of the praise but he's got a pretty great staff, keeping it together will be key for the Patriots moving forward

First 7 years of following Oakland we didn't even make the playoffs, so I'll be behind them win or lose

10 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Creasy took over a program that had gone 24-3 in the 2 prior seasons, so no building back but he def. elevated it. Not disputing anything about transfers, but it's just the way it is now,  the days of having a team that that is 100% local are gone, but the success of Oakland’s feeder will keep Oakland successful after Creasy is gone. Don't think any of the regulars on this site think Oakland can win at the rate they have under Creasy, but you can say the same about any great dynasty. Creasy gets alot of the praise but he's got a pretty great staff, keeping it together will be key for the Patriots moving forward

First 7 years of following Oakland we didn't even make the playoffs, so I'll be behind them win or lose

Creasy, in my opinion, is the best coach in the state.  He won big at Trousdale and he has won big at Oakland.  He just does not lose much at all.  He could go next level if he wanted in my opinion.  Very few schools have beaten him since he has been at Oakland and very few schools will as long as he is there.  Like I said earlier, next year they will be extremely tough to beat.  If you’re gonna get them, then it needs to be this year.  

6 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Creasy, in my opinion, is the best coach in the state.  He won big at Trousdale and he has won big at Oakland.  He just does not lose much at all.  He could go next level if he wanted in my opinion.  Very few schools have beaten him since he has been at Oakland and very few schools will as long as he is there.  Like I said earlier, next year they will be extremely tough to beat.  If you’re gonna get them, then it needs to be this year.  

Hard to disagree but I don't see him as a guy that would want to coach college, just so much other stuff you have to do that doesn't involve coaching, Quarles has been at ETSU 2 yrs and they're ready to run him out of town. 

Oakland will be tough to beat in '24 but they are some other 6A teams that will just as tough to beat. I get a feeling the parity in 6A won't be a 1 yr deal