Millington vs Haywood

Ljsr

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

Here's my helmet form 1927 T&C,  96 and still kicking.  NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Those helmets didn't offer much protection did they? 

image.thumb.jpeg.0e9b6619022f090e5617098a9a017375.jpeg

You had me going for a minute there Stacmot lol! No sir they didn't offer much protection. There were a lot of severe injuries in those days . Still to many these days but it is much safer than back then for sure. The young men are probably a lot more athletic and in better shape physically these days but I'll bet you their not one once tougher than those guys with the leather helmets and no pads! 

7 hours ago, stacmot said:

Here's my helmet form 1927 T&C,  96 and still kicking.  NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Those helmets didn't offer much protection did they? 

image.thumb.jpeg.0e9b6619022f090e5617098a9a017375.jpeg

Nice post, @stacmot. I know you are not that old, but you and I are old enough to impress some of these younger folks if they know our exact ages. 

Again, I'm pulling for your Tomcats to go all the way to State.

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Nice post, @stacmot. I know you are not that old, but you and I are old enough to impress some of these younger folks if they know our exact ages. 

Thanks @CHARGERFAN.  Maybe there should be a CoachT senior forum...lol.

Thanks for pulling for the Tomcats as well.  I'm pulling for Covington to do the same.

Edited by stacmot

Stacmot,

I don't have an exact date for that 1937 game. A historian from this area provided me with a great number of scores over the years. I have scores dating back to 1926 which was our first year of football. But as I look at old microfilm, I am coming across corrections. If I can find anything, I will let you know.

As far as the Millington Star having pregame info, I would doubt it. The editor is sort of a one-man crew so he has his hands full just trying to get the paper out each week.

21 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I don't know how old you and Stacmot are but both you you are  still sharp. I like the stuff you guys post. I like history of the game. Y'all both take a lot of pride in your football teams. It made my season to get Stacmot back on these boards. He's my favorite if anyone didn't already know. 

• Thanks 1

From the Daily Memphian:

https://dailymemphian.com/subscriber/section/sportshigh-school-sports/article/39764/tssaa-second-round-football-playoff-preview-memphis-area

(2) Millington Central (9-2) at (1) Brownsville Haywood (9-2)

The rundown: Brownsville is a tough trip for visiting teams; the Tomcats have won 14 of their last 16 home games dating back to the start of the 2022 season. The Trojans, however, are blessed to have an experienced — and not to mention talented — on-field leader in quarterback McCoy Pugh, who was outstanding in last week’s victory over Crockett County.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MarkH said:

Stacmot,

I don't have an exact date for that 1937 game. A historian from this area provided me with a great number of scores over the years. I have scores dating back to 1926 which was our first year of football. But as I look at old microfilm, I am coming across corrections. If I can find anything, I will let you know.

As far as the Millington Star having pregame info, I would doubt it. The editor is sort of a one-man crew so he has his hands full just trying to get the paper out each week.

MarkH, Thanks for trying to find the date.

You may already know this, and I apologize for pushing it if you do. But you can go back to the link.

https://ghsfha.org/w/Special:THSFHS/school/teams/Millington_Central/2023

Click on records underneath the title Millington Central Trojans, then click by season. You should see a list of years. Click on the arrow to the left of  a year, and you should see the schedule and scores for that year.

Safe travels to the Trojan faithful, and I'm praying for a clean, injury-free game.  Good luck to both the Trojans and the Tomcats.

Edited by stacmot

5 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I don't know how old you and Stacmot are but both you you are  still sharp. I like the stuff you guys post. I like history of the game. Y'all both take a lot of pride in your football teams. It made my season to get Stacmot back on these boards. He's my favorite if anyone didn't already know. 

Thanks T&C.  You, and a few other posters, are right up there in my Coach T favorites list.   

Good luck to your Hardin Co. Tigers.  It’s going to be one heck of a Tiger fight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

From the Daily Memphian:

https://dailymemphian.com/subscriber/section/sportshigh-school-sports/article/39764/tssaa-second-round-football-playoff-preview-memphis-area

(2) Millington Central (9-2) at (1) Brownsville Haywood (9-2)

The rundown: Brownsville is a tough trip for visiting teams; the Tomcats have won 14 of their last 16 home games dating back to the start of the 2022 season. The Trojans, however, are blessed to have an experienced — and not to mention talented — on-field leader in quarterback McCoy Pugh, who was outstanding in last week’s victory over Crockett County.

Thanks for posting @CHARGERFAN  Mr. Pugh is an outstanding quarterback.