Ripley @ Covington - Round 2

CHARGERFAN

Following the sweep of Region 8-3A by Region 7-3A in week 1, we get a rematch of Ripley at Covington. These teams just played two weeks ago and Covington took that game 36-0. 

Is there any reason to suspect that this week’s replay will turn out differently? Still, that’s why they play the games. On paper, the Chargers are heavy favorites. But they don’t play the games on paper.

This remains a long-time rivalry between two schools in neighboring counties. I’m sure that Ripley will not come into Covington ready to concede defeat. 

I’ll take a one-point win and advance. That’s the nice thing about the high school playoffs. There is no committee that we need to impress by getting “style points” or by a big margin of victory. The winner moves on and the loser goes home. 

And, as they always say about the NCAA tournament, everybody goes home with a loss except for one team. Right, Alcoa fans?

36 minutes ago, FOOTBALLROCKYTOP said:

Well dang I just commented on another post that Ripley upsets Covington in rd 2. Was thinking the score was a lot closer in the first meeting. I may need to go delete that huh :)

We don’t mind if you pull for Ripley. They don’t seem to have many fans on Coach T. I’m sure they welcome the support.