Round 2-> Bledsoe travels to Hampton

Backyardbbq15

2 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

You are blitzing everyone and having a spy. They will screen and quick pass you to death. You just made it easier for their OC. Also remember those offenses are not hard to scheme. Bledsoe can line up and announce the play before the snap. That doesn’t mean you will stop it. Hampton is the exact same way. Are your 10 better than my 10. If not you better hope the 1 vs 1 is because if not, I’m going for 20 plus yards. My goal is to get a 1 on 1 with your safety. If you can’t prevent that, I’m getting atleast 5 yards on every  play. 

You maybe 100% correct.  You gotta catch the pass 1st. Both teams have dropped passes. If the QB is under distress all night long and trying to throw on the run it makes it more difficult to hit the target (screen or down the field). And from what I’ve seen, either QB is no Patrick Mahomes or a Bryce Young when it comes to throwing under distress. 3 things can happen when passing; A catch by the receiver, an incomplete pass, or an interception by the opponent (2 odds to 1).  It’s about match ups.  

I do like the short screen passes, but you gotta have a Qb to get the ball out quickly and accurate and a receiver with good hands. I’m not a coach and that’s probably why :).  Your probably light years ahead of me when it comes to the x’s & o’s, schemes etc. :thumb:

I thought Hampton got more pressure on SG’s starting QB, then Bledsoe got on the backup QB for SG. If I’ve got the dudes that can create chaos in the backfield, I’m gonna bring it until it doesn’t work, then adjust accordingly. 

Edited by Romansfive8

59 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I didn't even know Susong was hurt. Shows how little I know. This may change my opinion on the score Friday. 

Broke his arm early in our game, played the rest of the game on both sides of the ball, Played a heck of a game, TOUGH kid.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Pujo I try and pull for all the local valley teams ( well most ;-) )  I actually picked you guys in the big ones I went back and forth and honestly think it's a toss up but give the edge to Home field. 

Yeah gotta pull for the locals most of the time, few exceptions everywhere. Bledsoe looks like the kinda team you could pull for,play hard and clean from what I've seen.

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Broke his arm early in our game, played the rest of the game on both sides of the ball, Played a heck of a game, TOUGH kid.

I would think he’ll be even better in 2024.  He has improved/grown much since the start of the 2022 season. From what I understand he had attended some Qb camps the offseason and has plans to do the same this offseason as well. As a team, I would expect them to be much better next season. There’s a push to get the strength and conditioning program to a higher level and encouraging all to attend some kind of camp. They should have more depth as well. Expectations should be higher. This is all good, but at the end of the day as a team they gotta be more disciplined and that’s starts at the top. It would be nice to see them make it to the big dance in my lifetime, or any Greene County school for that matter. With how the county’s growing quickly, it wouldn’t surprise me if the consolidation of schools come back on the market sooner than later. Who knows? 

Edited by Romansfive8

10 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I would think he’ll be even better in 2024.  He has improved/grown much since the start of the 2022 season. From what I understand he had attended some Qb camps the offseason and has plans to do the same this offseason as well. As a team, I would expect them to be much better next season. There’s a push to get the strength and conditioning program to a higher level and encouraging all to attend some kind of camp. They should have more depth as well. Expectations should be higher. This is all good, but at the end of the day as a team they gotta be more disciplined and that’s starts at the top. It would be nice to see them make it to the big dance in my lifetime, or any Greene County school for that matter. With how the county’s growing quickly, it wouldn’t surprise me if the consolidation of schools come back on the market sooner than later. Who knows? 

To me he is the most complete QB in 2A in East TN.