Round 2-> Bledsoe travels to Hampton

Backyardbbq15

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

Should be a good game. I'll take Betsy by the slimmest of margins.  

Come on over ST! I’d love to meet up and talk some ball before and durin this one. 

I am not a fan of either. I just like to go and watch some good high school football. Well I may be a little biased towards AC since there D coordinator is Lambert. 

Edited by Spike016

36 minutes ago, Bledsoebtheboys said:

Pujo give me the run down on them Dogs?

Alot like you guys, like to run the ball, just out of different formations, we like to sneak in a pass or 2, were not very big on the line . Play hard and determined. I've watched you guys several times and you look solid all over the field, we'll have to play hard and smart to stay in the game. Both teams are very well coached.

These two are almost identical twins.

After watching both teams in person, I think Hampton is a littler more physical and not as predictable on the offense.  Hampton I believe has the slight edge on defense.

Bledsoe has the special team’s advantage. & might be just a tad more efficient on the offense and I believe it’s because they come out of the huddle and get to the line quickly and snap the ball before most defenses are ready. They like the counter play and will take a few deep shots when they pass a hand full of times

If were a defensive coach, coaching against Bledsoe. I would load the box and blitz all night long.  I would have one line backer about 4 to 5 yards off the line of scrimmage watching, reading & reacting to the QB.  I have one safety back deep enough that when the QB drop back to pass (which will probably be less than hand full of times) keep the receiver in front at all times, never let the receiver get behind the safety. If they send two receivers then adjust accordingly by sending another db to cover; do not let the receivers get behind you. You gotta sell out to stop the run at all cost. If they’re gonna beat you then make them do it by passing/going deep with the long ball.

If I were a defensive coach, coaching against Hampton it would be same game plan. Yeah, I know, I’m no coach and it’s easier said than done.   

SG was able to pass against both teams, but could not execute the run game effectively.  Both Hampton and Bledsoe’s run game is outstanding and defensively stopping the run is up there as well.  

I think the team that is more balanced on offense is going to come out with the W.

I’m picking Hampton. It’s going to be a tough challenge, but doable. Their coaching staff is some of the best in East Tennessee and they don’t get rattled to easily or panic when they’re faced with adversity.

Edited by Romansfive8

8 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

These two are almost identical twins.

After watching both teams in person, I think Hampton is a littler more physical and not as predictable on the offense.  Hampton I believe has the slight edge on defense.

Bledsoe has the special team’s advantage. & might be just a tad more efficient on the offense and I believe it’s because they come out of the huddle and get to the line quickly and snap the ball before most defenses are ready. They like the counter play and will take a few deep shots when they pass a hand full of times

If were a defensive coach, coaching against Bledsoe. I would load the box and blitz all night long.  I would have one line backer about 4 to 5 yards off the line of scrimmage watching, reading & reacting to the QB.  I have one safety back deep enough that when the QB drop back to pass (which will probably be less than hand full of times) keep the receiver in front at all times, never let the receiver get behind the safety. If they send two receivers then adjust accordingly by sending another db to cover; do not let the receivers get behind you. You gotta sell out to stop the run at all cost. If they’re gonna beat you then make them do it by passing/going deep with the long ball.

If I were a defensive coach, coaching against Hampton it would be same game plan. Yeah, I know, I’m no coach and it’s easier said than done.   

SG was able to pass against both teams, but could not execute the run game effectively.  Both Hampton and Bledsoe’s run game is outstanding and defensively stopping the run is up there as well.  

I think the team that is more balanced on offense is going to come out with the W.

I’m picking Hampton. It’s going to be a tough challenge, but doable. Their coaching staff is some of the best in East Tennessee and they don’t get rattled to easily or panic when they’re faced with adversity.

You are blitzing everyone and having a spy. They will screen and quick pass you to death. You just made it easier for their OC. Also remember those offenses are not hard to scheme. Bledsoe can line up and announce the play before the snap. That doesn’t mean you will stop it. Hampton is the exact same way. Are your 10 better than my 10. If not you better hope the 1 vs 1 is because if not, I’m going for 20 plus yards. My goal is to get a 1 on 1 with your safety. If you can’t prevent that, I’m getting atleast 5 yards on every  play.