Rd 2 Westview at Dyersburg

Trojan

44 minutes ago, mg said:

I hate to say it,  Covington will be favored by 10 plus points come Monday.   

If Dyersburg’s offense is this bad next week, it will require the best effort of the year by the defense to have a shot. 

I completely agree. Dyersburg just did not play well tonight. So many stupid mistakes ... roughing the passer then mouthing off to the officials. WTF. 

Any word on the Westview kid that got hurt? 

1 hour ago, GrumpyBulldog said:

Vincent turned in one  of the gutsiest performances I've ever seen from a HS QB. He was under constant pressure and took a pounding, but he kept coming back for the next play. Hats off young man.

The kid is a gamer for sure. Tough as nails. I've been critical of him all season in his decision making skills but he never quits and I admire that. Kept the turnovers in check tonight as well against an awesome defensive club. This team only gets better from here. Can't expect Graham to take over next year but I'm betting he is gonna be ready to do his thing by Sophomore year. Go Chargers and congrats on a good season when most thought it'd be terrible! Way to lay it all out on the line tonight.  The kick off return for a td to start the 2nd half was a back breaker. Good luck to Dburg going forward

I don’t know how many sacks we had tonight, or how many times that qb went down, but he kept coming. Dang tough kid that left it all on the field! Our worst offensive performance by a mile. Gotta have better playcalling next week or we’ll be sitting home the week after. Coaches gotta turn it up on offense and take a few shots and rely on the D. This “coaching not to lose” instead of coaching to win is gonna get us beat. Go for the jugular early and let it all hang out!

7 hours ago, rebfan11986 said:

The kid is a gamer for sure. Tough as nails. I've been critical of him all season in his decision making skills but he never quits and I admire that. Kept the turnovers in check tonight as well against an awesome defensive club. This team only gets better from here. Can't expect Graham to take over next year but I'm betting he is gonna be ready to do his thing by Sophomore year. Go Chargers and congrats on a good season when most thought it'd be terrible! Way to lay it all out on the line tonight.  The kick off return for a td to start the 2nd half was a back breaker. Good luck to Dburg going forward

No doubt Graham will take over next year. Have you seen the kid play?! He’s going to be better than Ty imo! With most receivers returning next year, he will have a hay day throwing to them. Westview will only lose a few players but is gaining a pretty solid 8th grade group that has been in back to back TMSAA state championship games

7 hours ago, TrojanLC said:

I don’t know how many sacks we had tonight, or how many times that qb went down, but he kept coming. Dang tough kid that left it all on the field! Our worst offensive performance by a mile. Gotta have better playcalling next week or we’ll be sitting home the week after. Coaches gotta turn it up on offense and take a few shots and rely on the D. This “coaching not to lose” instead of coaching to win is gonna get us beat. Go for the jugular early and let it all hang out!

Definitely got out coached tonight !!!  Don’t know what’s going on with the offensive line but we better make some changes before Friday.

8 hours ago, rebfan11986 said:

Not knocking the QB, but I believe the Simpson kid will definitely be QB1 in Game 1. That type of arm talent doesn't come around very often in rural America. I wasn't expecting this game to be within 20, but WV played well and Dyersburg played very undisciplined. Dyersburg's season ends next week. 

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

No doubt Graham will take over next year. Have you seen the kid play?! He’s going to be better than Ty imo! With most receivers returning next year, he will have a hay day throwing to them. Westview will only lose a few players but is gaining a pretty solid 8th grade group that has been in back to back TMSAA state championship games

Yes Westview is about to be very dangerous next season, those kids are gonna be in the weight room all summer. Graham is better than what Ty was at this point.

3 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Yes Westview is about to be very dangerous next season, those kids are gonna be in the weight room all summer. Graham is better than what Ty was at this point.

4 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

3 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Not knocking the QB, but I believe the Simpson kid will definitely be QB1 in Game 1. That type of arm talent doesn't come around very often in rural America. I wasn't expecting this game to be within 20, but WV played well and Dyersburg played very undisciplined. Dyersburg's season ends next week. 

I have seen Graham play. For 3 years now. My son played against him in baseball and my daughter is in 7th grade at MMS so I try to make every home game anyways. Graham is special but you can't expect him to completely take over in his Freshmen year. Ty started from the start but he wasn't really able to start taking over games till his Junior year. I understand Graham may have a few more weapons but thats still alot of pressure to put on a Freshmen. Hard to really compare Ty and Graham because they are different style qbs. Ty was always gonna run and make things happen with his feet if the pocket broke down. Graham won't be able to do that as successful as Ty did because thats not really his game. Though he did that in middle school some, high school will be a different baby. No matter what I'm looking forward to Westview football next season and what it may become. 1 thing not many folks have talked about it Nolan Pritchett hopefully being back and healthy next season. He's a stud. Hard hitting backer that even made his appearance in the offense and did well at the end of last season. Go View!!

On 11/10/2023 at 7:55 PM, rebfan11986 said:

The problem with this is that Vincent is not a good qb. He isn't that accurate and makes terrible decisions. That's why they have had so many turnovers. As a Westview fan, I'm thrilled that Miles is graduating this season. If you think Miles chunking it 40 times is a good recipe you are delusional and goes to show why noone on here takes you seriously. Go View! 

That's pretty Classless running the kid down. He played his guts out Friday night. No one thinks he has skill set of Ty but he used the tools he had all year to try and help us . Yes he made some mistakes, all the kids did. And as far as me being delusional we did pass the ball Friday because that's what had to be done to give us a chance to Win and we would have if they called the holding on the kick when they tackled Cooper Spaulding out of bounds.