Oakland at Mt. Juliet (Round 2)

MJGOLDENBEARS

23 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I want to address this over here bc I don't want to derail the thread it originated on. You can win championships with reasonable talent, MJ has sent a steady stream of kids to FBS and FCS so I don't think talent is the issue.

The issue IMO is MJ clearly isn't getting better over the course of the season, or at least as much as they should. This is the 2nd time in 3 seasons they've collapsed down the stretch, they did recover to beat Rockvale, but the Rockets were also down to their 3rd string QB I believe. The struggles are partly due to the fact that MJ doesn't play elite competition until its absolutely forced to. I think the other part of this equation is the offense, feels like every time they've hit a rough patch or don't achieve their potential,  it's on that side of the ball.

I have no doubt MJ will play hard, but trying to guess a score is anybody's guess. Oakland could win by 35, or they could win by 3-7 and neither would surprise me

Our issues have been and probably always will be overall talent and depth. Yes we have had spotty talent and the last 2 seasons… 2… we have had a steady stream… even then our 2 highest recruited players, one being an Olineman and the other a LB that was kicked off. At best you can convince me our talent is slightly above average for a 6a school but unfortunately in a day an age where the best teams recruit, I don’t think we will keep up. People want this narrative that it’s TP’s fault….  I just can’t fathom what the guy did to anyone to have such skeptical, and downright rude critics. He has done a solid job with the TALENT GIVEN to him. However I can agree with the scheduling issues and tendency to regress as the season goes on…. Although with the regressing argument I could just point fingers at lack of depth and injuries… like it’s not rocket science. Once again talent is at best slightly above average in the upper middle class area of Mount Juliet. End of discussion.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

14 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Our issues have been and probably always will be overall talent and depth. Yes we have had spotty talent and the last 2 seasons… 2… we have had a steady stream… even then our 2 highest recruited players, one being an Olineman and the other a LB that was kicked off. At best you can convince me our talent is slightly above average for a 6a school but unfortunately in a day an age where the best teams recruit, I don’t think we will keep up. People want this narrative that it’s TP’s fault….  I just can’t fathom what the guy did to anyone to have such skeptical, and downright rude critics. He has done a solid job with the TALENT GIVEN to him. However I can agree with the scheduling issues and tendency to regress as the season goes on…. Although with the regressing argument I could just point fingers at lack of depth and injuries… like it’s not rocket science. Once again talent is at best slightly above average in the upper middle class area of Mount Juliet. End of discussion.

Won't dispute that MJ is at a talent disadvantage against some teams, but there are programs at a similar talent level that have consistently played for titles. I do think Perry has done a solid job and have not heard a bad word said against them, there's something to be said for running a program that represents a community well on and off the field. 

Iron sharpens Iron. Until MJ makes peace with the idea that its OK to go 6-4 in the regular season against a challenging schedule, were going to be talking about the same things every year. Oddly enough, Perry actually put together some good schedules when he first took over, struggled some then went the easy route. I don't hate Perry and I think anybody that does should check their priorities, I just want to see successful teams play other successful teams

4 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Won't dispute that MJ is at a talent disadvantage against some teams, but there are programs at a similar talent level that have consistently played for titles. I do think Perry has done a solid job and have not heard a bad word said against them, there's something to be said for running a program that represents a community well on and off the field. 

Iron sharpens Iron. Until MJ makes peace with the idea that its OK to go 6-4 in the regular season against a challenging schedule, were going to be talking about the same things every year. Oddly enough, Perry actually put together some good schedules when he first took over, struggled some then went the easy route. I don't hate Perry and I think anybody that does should check their priorities, I just want to see successful teams play other successful teams

I know and like Perry. That doesn’t change the fact that I disagree with his scheduling tactics. They consistently have great regular season records only to fall apart and get bounced early. They aren’t ready for top teams come playoff time because they never play top teams.

#quitrunningfromcompetition 

5 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Not saying, I'm just asking.  Don't know the man.  But yes, coaches get fired all the time for losing.  At every level.  Come on now teddybear.

Googled antonyms for Titan and the first fitting term that came along was shrimp. So I’ll call you shrimp from now on. TP is probably sick of having his name slandered. Let me ask this… is there a program with more obsessive critics than MJ.. I’ll answer, NO. People do it because it’s naturally comfortable to gang up on someone, the only push back comes from me and for insecure folks… it makes them feel special when they feel “right”. Ok psych class is finished.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

43 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Googled antonyms for Titan and the first fitting term that came along was shrimp. So I’ll call you shrimp from now on. TP is probably sick of having his name slandered. Let me ask this… is there a program with more obsessive critics than MJ.. I’ll answer, NO. 

Wow...I haven't slandered your coach at all.  Not once. Ever.  I was asking a simple and authentic question.  But for some reason you decided to go at me with both barrels.  You do you I guess.  However, if we do ever meet, I'm pretty sure you may rethink the shrimp comment.  I'm a full grown man and don't take kindly to disrespect.  Good day and Go Pats.

28 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Wow...I haven't slandered your coach at all.  Not once. Ever.  I was asking a simple and authentic question.  But for some reason you decided to go at me with both barrels.  You do you I guess.  However, if we do ever meet, I'm pretty sure you may rethink the shrimp comment.  I'm a full grown man and don't take kindly to disrespect.  Good day and Go Pats.

Ok manly man, anyone that feels the need to profess their toughness on the internet… may think twice about how tough they really are.. lol

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS