Macon at Upperman

3 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I said OR not AND Putnam has kids that either runs a 4.5 40 OR 6’2” 250lb and benches 300 not does both

Simply excuses of the pull your program downs to ours so we can compete, instead of raise my program up to yours mentality. Why we have 9 diffrent state championships in football and some folks are still not happy 

4 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Simply excuses of the pull your program downs to ours so we can compete, instead of raise my program up to yours mentality. Why we have 9 diffrent state championships in football and some folks are still not happy 

TSSAA should enforce the rules already on the books, and no one would complain.

Upperman has 10 Jr’s, 15 Soph, and 16 Freshman 

Next Year I highly doubt they only have 10 Sr, 15 Jr and 16 Sophomores

Cookeville has 23 Jr’s, 31 Sophomores, and 15 Freshman BTW

I agree with the fact that there are too many State Championships though

It should be 

2 in DII

and 

3 in DI in all sports 

6 hours ago, Khall555 said:

TSSAA should enforce the rules already on the books, and no one would complain.

Upperman has 10 Jr’s, 15 Soph, and 16 Freshman 

Next Year I highly doubt they only have 10 Sr, 15 Jr and 16 Sophomores

Cookeville has 23 Jr’s, 31 Sophomores, and 15 Freshman BTW

I agree with the fact that there are too many State Championships though

It should be 

2 in DII

and 

3 in DI in all sports 

Force county's to close open zoning when capacity is there? That's not a TSSAA rule 

14 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Force county's to close open zoning when capacity is there? That's not a TSSAA rule 

I don’t think people understand this. Everybody has a different opinion/definition of open zone. Most metropolitan areas are open zone. So that would basically just split the city schools and the county schools. Somebody posted the numbers a few years ago, but the county schools were going to be at a huge disadvantage because you take about 50 schools out of the equation. traveling would be a nightmare. Just take the basketball conversation with the shot counties are complaining about. How are they going to pay for the shot clock. One thing I do agree is that they need to take at least one division away and just have 1a-5a. 

19 hours ago, wonderingman said:

How do you even sleep at night?  Apparently, you are consumed with thoughts of Upperman football.  Almost every post you've made for WEEKS are about unfair advantages that Upperman is in a more populated county.  Give it a rest dude! 

It bothers me because it strikes at the heart of high school sports. What is happening makes it impossible for small county schools to compete. Upperman is dominating in every sport possible. The rest of the schools in the other 6/5 region/district teams are playing for 2nd place and just lucky to beat them in any thing. 
Look at the teams in this thread 

Macon loses 9 (5 Starters) Seniors Upperman 18 (9 Starters) Seniors

Macon Returns 14 Jr’s including a Mr Football candidate 

Upperman 10  Jr’s 3 or 4 starters

Which team should go 10-0 and which is staring 6-4 and barely making the playoffs next year? Logic says Macon should be better but it’s actually Upperman that will dominate the Region because they can reload their roster. Macon after next season will have 3 win seasons while Upperman will continue to compete for Championships. It’s not coaching that matters when you can just pick players off of other rosters. But I won’t post anything about this anymore 

• Like 1

This is a free country. You have an opinion and there is nothing wrong with speaking your opinion. I’m a upperman fan and I speak mine. When you have a winning program kids want to play for a winner. So some kids just want to play for that program. Upperman coaches our not recruiting players. They want to play for a winning program. Upperman is losing some good players and next year we will just have to see. Macon is definitely going to be good next year. Who knows about the rest. Just have to wait and see. Upperman is returning a lot of there skill players. 

• Like 1