Dyer Co vs Haywood

Ljsr

Haywood seemed to handle the first two rounds easily except for the large come back that they allowed from Millington in the 2nd half of that game. You just can't let that happen the deeper you go into the playoffs. So that does show a weakness on their side. I don't believe it will keep them out of the semi finals though

On 11/12/2023 at 2:19 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

I have Haywood winning this rematch. Any details on injuries for Haywood from their last game? Heard the end of that game on radio and they were playing a freshman QB?

According to the Brownsville States-Graphic, “Last Friday night there were several injuries—we’ll wait to hear what Coach Josh Puckett reports about players healthy enough to remain in the starting lineup Friday night.” That said, I would not expect Coach Puckett to make any comment before Friday.

Since @Ljsr has already mentioned it in the Millington vs Haywood thread, I will say one of our players suffered a broken leg.  I've been around for a while, and I have never seen so many injuries in one ball game.

I'm praying for a speedy recovery for all who were injured.

Regroup Tomcats and let's win this one!

Go Tomcats!

3 hours ago, stacmot said:

According to the Brownsville States-Graphic, “Last Friday night there were several injuries—we’ll wait to hear what Coach Josh Puckett reports about players healthy enough to remain in the starting lineup Friday night.” That said, I would not expect Coach Puckett to make any comment before Friday.

Since @Ljsr has already mentioned it in the Millington vs Haywood thread, I will say one of our players suffered a broken leg.  I've been around for a while, and I have never seen so many injuries in one ball game.

I'm praying for a speedy recovery for all who were injured.

Regroup Tomcats and let's win this one!

Go Tomcats!

Terrible. This the worst thing for me personally. I HATE to hear about about a young man getting hurt playing sports. High school football is football in its purest form, IMO. I hope the young man was not a senior and will come back to play another year... 

Prayer to a speedy recovery for the young man involved. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Terrible. This the worst thing for me personally. I HATE to hear about about a young man getting hurt playing sports. High school football is football in its purest form, IMO. I hope the young man was not a senior and will come back to play another year... 

Prayer to a speedy recovery for the young man involved. 

He is a junior. The other injuries were minor. They’ll be good to go friday