South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Stone Cold vs Action Jackson)

Southtowner

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

Honestly he has not played like a 5 star this year. Slow and takes a lot of plays off. 

Since when was the Kid a 5 star? That’s total news to me! Tell me 1 thing he has done to impress this year? As Tyrone says “ I’m just keeping it real “

• Like 1

Old Pirate says, When the Hale has it been ok for SP fans to bash individual Pirate 17-18 kids? Those hiding behind screen names probably couldn’t hold their jock straps! Ya’ll posts support yous got Warrior genes. WTH,  Get that mess out of here! Negative mess helps or supports Nothing  but division & ignorance. Venom served. Pirates are going to do some earholing & defends the Speedway. There would  be some embarrassed, if identities & playing  days exposed. GO PIRATES, you Vol fans are laughable. The biggest maturing needed is the fans. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says, When the Hale has it been ok for SP fans to bash individual Pirate 17-18 kids? Those hiding behind screen names probably couldn’t hold their jock straps! Ya’ll posts support yous got Warrior genes. WTH,  Get that mess out of here! Negative mess helps or supports Nothing  but division & ignorance. Venom served. Pirates are going to do some earholing & defends the Speedway. There would  be some embarrassed, if identities & playing  days exposed. GO PIRATES, you Vol fans are laughable. The biggest maturing needed is the fans. 

Hope you don’t think I was bashing….simply meant I have seen other players who have stepped up and needs to be recognized for their play. 
Now as far as hiding your name, I will be glad to give mine how about you? And I sure as heck don’t want to be linked to the purple. 

On a consistent basis you typically hear from 4 teams in the east. South Pittsburg, Gordonsville, Greenback, and Coalfield. 3/4 are now in the 3rd round looking to make some noise as usual.

For this game, let’s look at some keys for the Pirates.

1) How do the Pirates replace the frame of Collins. There are not too many 6’4 260 lb bodies floating around on the team.

2) Can the Pirates play disciplined football and remain hot offensively?

3) Will the O line be able to hold up and get a push against Gordonsville’s front 7?

For the Tigers

1) Do they lean on the experience of Coach Jackson defensively? Being a defensive coordinator for Oakland for years you know he has a game plan in store to limit the Pirates.

2) Can Gordonsville steal a possession or two? Turnovers are huge in every game, but playing on the road against a talented turnovers are huge. I would also watch for some special teams trickery.

3) Speaking of trickery, watch for any trick plays. The Pirates defense flys to the ball and is very aggressive. It was a trick play in the mid to late 2010’s that got Greenback on the board and all the momentum needed to beat the Pirates in the playoffs a few years back. I would expect a “kitchen sink” mindset.

With that said, I still say teams have issues matching up with the Pirates. Try taking away the pass and you are susceptible to the run. Try matching an unbalanced line and Kamden has the wheel to take it to the house. Try stacking the box and the passing game will be on full display. I expect a tighter game but a Pirates win.

SP-42

G-Men-20

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

You took da words outta my mouth patna! Keep it real OP! Don’t bash deez kids. Talking about folks being slow etc when half of y’all can’t walk up the steps at Beene stadium! 

Edited by BigCornbread
  • Like 1