South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Stone Cold vs Action Jackson)

Southtowner

3 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

Let me ask everyone this question.

Why does everyone think SP won’t blow us out tonight?

They beat Clay 58-0 last week. 2 weeks we got lucky to beat Clay in double OT.

So tell me why the predictions aren’t skewed big time to SP? I’m a Gordonsville homer and have seen a lot of really good football teams at Gordonsville and this team is a slightly above average team. Nothing more.

Our team in 2021 was better than this years squad and we went to SP and lost 44-14.

Maybe I’m too critical because I’ve seen so many Gordonsville teams but I just don’t see us keeping this one close. I hope I’m wrong.

Historically the games haven’t been blow outs. That is pretty much what I’m going off of. 

23 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

Let me ask everyone this question.

Why does everyone think SP won’t blow us out tonight?

They beat Clay 58-0 last week. 2 weeks we got lucky to beat Clay in double OT.

So tell me why the predictions aren’t skewed big time to SP? I’m a Gordonsville homer and have seen a lot of really good football teams at Gordonsville and this team is a slightly above average team. Nothing more.

Our team in 2021 was better than this years squad and we went to SP and lost 44-14.

Maybe I’m too critical because I’ve seen so many Gordonsville teams but I just don’t see us keeping this one close. I hope I’m wrong.

It could be a setup and Gordonsville is just laying low. It’s happened before through the years. I drove by one night this week at 8 pm and the practice field lights were still on and a couple cars left in the parking lot. It sounds like they might be expecting much more than you.

18 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

I'm hearing we should just give the trophy to SP, and that Dresden, GV, and Moore don't matter. 

717 Elm Avenue, South Pittsburg, Tennessee 37380.  If they want to give we'll take it. 

Unfortunately that's not how it works and we hope to get by the Gordonsville Tigers tonight. If that happens we will discuss next week then.   

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

LOPWOAO, welcome kinfolke, figure the new screen name proves yous mostly not fearless. Old Pirate going to attempt a short education post response. Your 1st sentence is full of mess. The term used regarding the GB issue was orchestrate/ orchestration. Research the definition for that 1st. It has no connection to the phase, cheat or cheating. Obviously many GB fellers got jocks notted up simply because of their inability to properly understand basic translation of word meanings. 2nd sentence, those old pirates that strapped them up in the dungeon & listened to the replay on Saturday by Eaton Govan didn’t fued with GB ever! Your reference, scared is totally laughable proves yous full of stupid. The Pirate & Cherokee fueds have always been worth the price of admission due competitiveness & respect fer each other and Neither wear Puke purple. 3rd sentence, includes the closest truth comment. The skillet head certainly openly ain’t a fan of Jasper. The gayest city issue is not a creation of OP but simply a acknowledgement of a published reputation perhaps by someone more knowledgeable than this skillet head. Sentence 4, like to educate is  untrue also, necessity is a far better use of words. Perhaps this in depth analysis of your stupid post is helpful. GO PIRATES, remember, “Ifin yous Not the lead dog, the scenery and smell never, ever,ever changes” YepReconSo 

OP, you left the P. out of Eaton Govan = Eaton P. Govan. BTW you transported me back 50 years in a second with the mention of that name.

28 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

I'm hearing we should just give the trophy to SP, and that Dresden, GV, and Moore don't matter. 

You’re NOT hearing that from anyone here at South Pittsburg!! Personally I’ve said all year nobody will come close to stopping us from making it to Chattanooga but winning it will be tough and from what I’ve seen it’s been pretty mutual from all our South Pittsburg fans