12-0 York Inst travels to Hampton

UCSportsFan

19 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

You're embarrassing yourselves. What's your excuse for getting blown out by Monterey last year? Our region won 3 of 4 games then demolished your team this year. So your quarterback would have stopped all the breakaway touchdowns York made??? He would have stopped our players for stopping your runners cold all night? Your quarterback would have stopped all our long passes? Sore winners? lol...talk about sore losers. York beat FAR better teams than any team you played. York bear defending state champion Friendship at Friendship. We bear ranked 4A Stone. Hampton would have been 3rd in our district. Suck it up and quit whining.

He’s literally the safety so yeah, maybe? This is 2A, our kids play both sides. You should know that. Plus, he racks up a lot of rushing yards, too. Don’t pretend like York would be half of what they are without Leffew. Cause they wouldn’t be. And yeah sure, he’d have had a lot of influence on the confidence of the team so they block better, run faster, tackle harder or whatever it may need to be. So yeah, one guy does have that power. Those boys have played together for 13 years. They see someone they love hurting, and missing his potential last game ever. Their hearts were broken. York had nothing to do with that. 

I don’t know why y’all wanna be such poopy pants winners. And what exactly is Hampton supposed to do cause their region sucks? Volunteer to play in yours? Invite us then.  Lol idk how you gather we’d have been third when we beat 2 other teams from the region. But okay, lie to yourself if you want. We’re all a little delusional sometimes I guess. FC nor Stone are that good. Those are two more games that York was handed. 

Edited by hhsdogsgirl2010

And don’t put all of Hampton on me. This is me, Autumn Stover only. I don’t represent Hampton. I’m no spokeswoman for this town, school or football team. These are my opinions only. I speak for no one but myself. If you think I’m rude, a sore loser, or whatever else y’all have called me, please don’t see my fellow community members that way. I’m just one lady who wanted better for her kid than to get beat by a bunch of lucky, cocky brats and their daddies who want to live through their kids by telling them they’re all that. I’ve never even commented here until this game. I just wanted to get under y’all’s skin. I knew I could. And I have so badly. I hope it itches. :lol:  

7 minutes ago, hhsdogsgirl2010 said:

And don’t put all of Hampton on me. This is me, Autumn Stover only. I don’t represent Hampton. I’m no spokeswoman for this town, school or football team. These are my opinions only. I speak for no one but myself. If you think I’m rude, a sore loser, or whatever else y’all have called me, please don’t see my fellow community members that way. I’m just one lady who wanted better for her kid than to get beat by a bunch of lucky, cocky brats and their daddies who want to live through their kids by telling them they’re all that. I’ve never even commented here until this game. I just wanted to get under y’all’s skin. I knew I could. And I have so badly. I hope it itches. :lol:  

Can you please tell the crowd which daddies and which brats you’re talking about? Football is a physical sport, with penalties, injuries, and turnovers. Someone gets hurt it’s the next man up…..it’s part of the sport for every team in the world. Football is kind of like life you get knocked down you gonna get back up or lay there. If you get beat accept it and move on don’t talk down the team that was better. These are 14-18 year old kids from york that showed up in June and went to work. We have no advantage over any other team in the state. Just strap on your helmet and dominate the guy in front of you….that’s it. No excuses…grow up and accept responsibility nobody lost or won that game but the players on the field. Goodnight and God bless

4 hours ago, hhsdogsgirl2010 said:

We did our share of traveling 2 years ago when we went to the championship. We never complained. We showed up and we played ball. My nephew is graduating and my husband is set to PCS out of the area so we won’t be around but I’m sure you’ll get the same lively banter at Hampton if the two meet again. These Hamptonites may grow old, but we never tarnish. We’re a shiny as a new nickel and as sharp as a tack, always. I hope the next time y’all meet will be under much different circumstances, with both teams healthy. Even if they have to come to your place! 

How many kids from Cloudland on that team. I know of several. All schools gets transfers.

It sucks that the QB got hurt. The non contact injuries are the worst. It probably did change the game a lot. I hate it for him the most that he had to watch what might be his last football game ever. I remember sitting in the Greensboro Coliseum at States crying after a wrestled my last match ever because I knew it was over. 

5 hours ago, hhsdogsgirl2010 said:

Dang you are salty!Good teams are a little Cocky and should be for that matter because it's actually called confidence!By the way you post I would assume you could cut a hole in one of your front pockets and you could go around feeling a little cocky all day also:thumb:

Edited by orngnblk
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, hhsdogsgirl2010 said:

No, the hopes and dreams of a bunch of children who desperately needed their QB got beat up on by a bunch of sore winners. If y’all men knew how to read you’d know that I’ve never once said that York wasn’t good. I said they weren’t impressive. And I stand by that. They have nothing that Polk or Bledsoe didn’t have. They have nothing that Hampton doesn’t have. So where’s the respect for that? 

Except they beat all 3 of those teams by an average of 27 points. And that number would go up by a lot if they played Bledsoe later in the year. They also beat a team that’s actually playing for a state title next week. You are definitely a clown. It’s ok to lose with grace. I get it, the kids are extremely cocky on the field. But I know several of them and they are actually really good kids. One thing those 3 teams don’t have is Michael Wall. Hampton doesn’t have anybody even close to that. 

• Upvote 1

And there are only 2 kids that see meaningful minutes from Clarkrange and one is a senior. He still plays basketball for Clarkrange. 
And you can’t compare Pisgah to York. Pisgah would be a 4A school in TN and the Asheville area is much much different as far as demographics. The football around Asheville is very very good. Tons of athletes and speed. Not a fair comparison. But York definitely played the harder schedule overall. 
This week will be a different animal though. If ER can stay disciplined and focused, they are legit good. 

22 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

Except they beat all 3 of those teams by an average of 27 points. And that number would go up by a lot if they played Bledsoe later in the year. They also beat a team that’s actually playing for a state title next week. You are definitely a clown. It’s ok to lose with grace. I get it, the kids are extremely cocky on the field. But I know several of them and they are actually really good kids. One thing those 3 teams don’t have is Michael Wall. Hampton doesn’t have anybody even close to that. 

I have seen Hampton act the same way when they play teams they are a lot better than. It all depends on which side you are on when it happens. 

Edited by Appvol

9 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

And there are only 2 kids that see meaningful minutes from Clarkrange and one is a senior. He still plays basketball for Clarkrange. 
And you can’t compare Pisgah to York. Pisgah would be a 4A school in TN and the Asheville area is much much different as far as demographics. The football around Asheville is very very good. Tons of athletes and speed. Not a fair comparison. But York definitely played the harder schedule overall. 
This week will be a different animal though. If ER can stay disciplined and focused, they are legit good. 

Not really AC Reynolds is really the only good team in that area even though West Henderson is having a good year. WH is the only bigger school still in the playoffs. The 1a schools are really good in the SMC. It does hurt Hampton with their schedule. 

53 minutes ago, Appvol said:

I have seen Hampton act the same way when they play teams they are a lot better than. It all depends on which side you are on when it happens. 

And what games was that, they always let up when its obvious they are the much better team. I get it you don't like Hampton but no need to tell lie's. 

50 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Not really AC Reynolds is really the only good team in that area even though West Henderson is having a good year. WH is the only bigger school still in the playoffs. The 1a schools are really good in the SMC. It does hurt Hampton with their schedule. 

You are talking 3a football in NC, Got plenty that could beat 2a teams in Tennessee, You know the difference. I'd Say Mt Airy even being a 1a school could beat any 1 or 2a team in Tennessee. Then again the town looks more like Johnson City than it does Cloudland.