12-0 York Inst travels to Hampton

UCSportsFan

Really good quarter final matchup between 2 really good teams. Hampton seems to always produce athletes every single year over there! Haven’t seen the boys from Jamestown play this year but 12-0 against some really good teams says all I need to know. This will be a one score game either way. I’m pulling for York Dragons and I’ll say final score York 21 Hampton 16

Edited by UCSportsFan

Just now, Dragonman1 said:

I don’t understand how the higher rank team has to travel?

It's called the Maryville Rule.  The TSSAA changed the playoff format that each year it switched from Odd Region to Even Region for the Quarter Finals as long as the team playing are not in the same region.  This year is the Odd Region hosting year.

12 minutes ago, Dragonman1 said:

These is no true ranking, were both 1 seeds and its odd regions year to host. You'll love Hampton anyway, beautiful place to play. Our field may not suit you but we are a poor County school. We do the best we can.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dragonman1 said:

Simple, rankings mean zero in playoffs. It’s all seeding and alternating years. Remember York and Hampton are both 1 seeds so equal in the bracket playoff system. Last year or next it would be at York in this same scenario. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

These is no true ranking, were both 1 seeds and its odd regions year to host. You'll love Hampton anyway, beautiful place to play. Our field may not suit you but we are a poor County school. We do the best we can.

Your field is fine. Not like York has turf or a Jumbotron. Their field is like ours and yours. Nice as it can be and plenty adequate for the task. 

Just now, Dragonman1 said:

I am not nervous we will be ok. Our team has won on the road too. You don’t get to 12-0 without playing in pressure places. 

I think it’ll be a good game but Hampton in November is as tough a place to play as you’ll find. Should be a dandy game to watch. 

4 minutes ago, Dragonman1 said:

I am not nervous we will be ok. Our team has won on the road too. You don’t get to 12-0 without playing in pressure places. 

You,ve got the same team regardless of where you play, you've got a good team when you play at York and you'll have the same bunch at Hampton. Its not where you play,its who you have to play with.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Very good post.I don't hang my hat on the travel stuff.Good is good!

Yeah when were good we win at home or away, same thing when were not so good. You are who you are. Remember you guys beating a really good SP team at their place. You felt right at home.