12-0 York Inst travels to Hampton

UCSportsFan

1 hour ago, Uknolil said:

For sure Hampton is definitely the underdog, no doubt about it. York is the team to beat. QB is tough, and hard nosed. I like the kid. Lineman look like studs and can move people. 

Don’t think we can be judged from earlier in the season at Pisgah… had some key injuries and things happen, mixing up and trying to find the best rotation of linemen, and basically  was trying to find an identity.. just happened to hit that buzz saw during that time at Pisgah. 

Grace Christian and TC claimed they played a much tougher schedule back in the day too, only to be taken to the woodshed in 2015 and 2021 up here in the sticks…and I’m not saying we’re that caliber of team either, just making the point that SOS means nothing most of the time. 

I do believe it will be a close game. Closer than anticipated. 

Alright lunger, let's do it  :grin:

9 hours ago, TSSAAfootball said:

I think both teams have played someone better than the other. FC and Pisgah. York was able to beat FC but Hampton got destroyed by Pisgah but they are a huge step up in competition level. York has played the tougher schedule overall though. 

Best athlete on the field will be Leffew. Best football player on the field will be Wall. 

Coaching is a push. Both staffs are very good. 

I'll say

York 27

Hampton 13

Shoot, I was impressed with Bledsoe. Tough disciplined bunch.

14 hours ago, pujo said:

And it don't make one once of difference, outside of Devine intervention and it happens ,neither of these teams are bringing home the bacon. Championship game will be played in the West next Friday. 

I’m guessing you’re referring to Huntingdon vs Riverside?  I think Smith County will win the East and will have a legitimate shot at winning State this year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’m guessing you’re referring to Huntingdon vs Riverside?  I think Smith County will win the East and will have a legitimate shot at winning State this year. 

Yep thats my thoughts, Tyner was head and shoulders better than anyone in the East last year, no one in the East is in that situation this season. Riverside took Tyner to the wire.  Smith County may not even get by ER. I'm like Tyrone. He keeps it real. I also think if we have a good game, we could  give York A fit.

2 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yep thats my thoughts, Tyner was head and shoulders better than anyone in the East last year, no one in the East is in that situation this season. Riverside took Tyner to the wire.  Smith County may not even get by ER. I'm like Tyrone. He keeps it real. I also think if we have a good game, we could  give York A fit.

Clearly you know more about this than I do. I think this week is the best week out of the entire year. Some really good teams playing one another all across the state. 

Just now, UCSportsFan said:

Clearly you know more about this than I do. I think this week is the best week out of the entire year. Some really good teams playing one another all across the state. 

Dang good games all across the State in all classes, a bunch of good teams will be going home. I sorta hate this time of the season because its a year before I get my Friday night fixes. Love all sports but football in above and beyond the others to me,  Its exciting until its over. I'd also say your opinion is every bit as good as mine.

22 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

If they could get rid of that first week of playoff games, I think it would be so much better. Just let the Top 2 teams from every region make it. Then making the playoffs actually means something. I know they never will due to $ but 32 teams making the playoffs is ridiculous.

This is really how it should be. Your post made me curious so I looked and in all 6 classifications only one single team seeded below a 2 remains. Should drop to only the top 2 make the playoffs and could do bowl games for 3 and 4 seeds maybe. Even something like the  3 seed from one region vs 3 seed from another to make the bowl game more “even” 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

This is really how it should be. Your post made me curious so I looked and in all 6 classifications only one single team seeded below a 2 remains. Should drop to only the top 2 make the playoffs and could do bowl games for 3 and 4 seeds maybe. Even something like the  3 seed from one region vs 3 seed from another to make the bowl game more “even” 

I think it would be interesting if they did it how North Carolina does. Once you have your 16 teams for the playoffs for the East and West seed the playoffs by your RPI. Then you wouldn’t be playing the same teams over and over. It’s the playoffs if you have to travel so be it. I think Kentucky seeds by RPI too.

Edited by Appvol