12-0 York Inst travels to Hampton

UCSportsFan

42 minutes ago, pujo said:

You are talking 3a football in NC, Got plenty that could beat 2a teams in Tennessee, You know the difference. I'd Say Mt Airy even being a 1a school could beat any 1 or 2a team in Tennessee. Then again the town looks more like Johnson City than it does Cloudland.

The bigger classes in WNC aren’t great is what I was saying. AC Reynolds’s got beat pretty easy buy Hickory last night. 

50 minutes ago, pujo said:

And what games was that, they always let up when its obvious they are the much better team. I get it you don't like Hampton but no need to tell lie's. 

Not telling lies. I watched a routine tackle be celebrated like it was a game winning Super Bowl tackle. When you have the ball with 2 minutes and under left you don’t have to keep running plays after you have dominated a team. You can take 3 knees and call it a game. I often wonder how many coaches know that. Greenback did it the playoff game. Made me respect their coaching staff 

Watched football all my life, played it for many years at hampton. Sad to watch the season end , but it would be very hard for me to say that it happened cause we was missing our QB. The attitude of the team was down because thats some tuff news to take in on the day OF THE GAME. The boys simply wasnt ready for york, and trust me im not saying york is unstoppable by ANY MEANS. But losing by almost 50 is hard to put in the excuse of missing 1 guy, star player or not. Love to watch Lunsford coach and I believe he is a very good one. Another playoff run for the dogs and hopefully good things in store for next season.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

And what games was that, they always let up when its obvious they are the much better team. I get it you don't like Hampton but no need to tell lie's. 

I have never said I don’t like Hampton. It’s like a Michigan fan pulling for Ohio State. You don’t see it happening 

I have always said Michael is a really good coach and has a good staff. I really hate what happened to the QB. It probably hurt more not having him on defense.

Edited by Appvol

16 minutes ago, Bludawg4 said:

Watched football all my life, played it for many years at hampton. Sad to watch the season end , but it would be very hard for me to say that it happened cause we was missing our QB. The attitude of the team was down because thats some tuff news to take in on the day OF THE GAME. The boys simply wasnt ready for york, and trust me im not saying york is unstoppable by ANY MEANS. But losing by almost 50 is hard to put in the excuse of missing 1 guy, star player or not. Love to watch Lunsford coach and I believe he is a very good one. Another playoff run for the dogs and hopefully good things in store for next season.

He did account for around 300 yards against Bledsoe, huge part of the defense and just also destroyed our confidence. Not saying we would have won but our chances would have been much greater.

7 hours ago, hhsdogsgirl2010 said:

These are my opinions only. 

I’m just one lady who wanted better for her kid than to get beat by a bunch of lucky, cocky brats...

I’ve never even commented here until this game. 

You're entirely entitled to your opinion, but you have to understand that not only do folks that you care nothing for read your words, your son, his teammates, and your community have access to this site as well. Your son was on that field...he understands more about what you've been posting on than you ever will, so please allow him to be proud of what they did and not influence him to be bitter.

I've been there (most of us have)...we don't like losing, and we HATE to be disrespected. The only thing worse than a sore loser is a cocky braggart, but these are kids who haven't learned to handle success with dignity. Life still has some lessons for them.

The last comment is worst. I'm not here to judge but for every post ever made by you to be negatively targeting one team, it's coaches, and it's fanbase just diminishes what you have to say and the credibility to say it.

I've said many times that I'm a closet Hampton fan...sat at Murfreesboro with a large group of you fans and was very impressed with your support for your kids in a loss, not blaming refs or making excuses, and being very complimentary of the team that beat you. Very classy, and a great example for the kids to learn behavior from.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

You're entirely entitled to your opinion, but you have to understand that not only do folks that you care nothing for read your words, your son, his teammates, and your community have access to this site as well. Your son was on that field...he understands more about what you've been posting on than you ever will, so please allow him to be proud of what they did and not influence him to be bitter.

I've been there (most of us have)...we don't like losing, and we HATE to be disrespected. The only thing worse than a sore loser is a cocky braggart, but these are kids who haven't learned to handle success with dignity. Life still has some lessons for them.

The last comment is worst. I'm not here to judge but for every post ever made by you to be negatively targeting one team, it's coaches, and it's fanbase just diminishes what you have to say and the credibility to say it.

I've said many times that I'm a closet Hampton fan...sat at Murfreesboro with a large group of you fans and was very impressed with your support for your kids in a loss, not blaming refs or making excuses, and being very complimentary of the team that beat you. Very classy, and a great example for the kids to learn behavior from.

Good post. 

59 minutes ago, pujo said:

He did account for around 300 yards against Bledsoe, huge part of the defense and just also destroyed our confidence. Not saying we would have won but our chances would have been much greater.

He sure did and im not disagreeing with you one bit ole buddy. But the confidence without him there is what killed them the most. I believe they could’ve competed a little better, just hard to get heads straightened up after some news like that.

Just now, Bludawg4 said:

He sure did and im not disagreeing with you one bit ole buddy. But the confidence without him there is what killed them the most. I believe they could’ve competed a little better, just hard to get heads straightened up after some news like that.

Yeah we lost Wednesday evening. Would have been extremely hard to win period but this was the nail in the coffin.

4 hours ago, Appvol said:

Not really AC Reynolds is really the only good team in that area even though West Henderson is having a good year. WH is the only bigger school still in the playoffs. The 1a schools are really good in the SMC. It does hurt Hampton with their schedule. 

I've been to a ton of West Henderson games over the years. That level of football in Asheville has tons of talent.