Knox Fulton Coach Jeff McMillan steps down.

BarneySox2007

6 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Yea the zone at Powell is very diverse to say the least when you look at the zoning map. Are you projecting they lose the Norwood area?

I’m not really sure.  The subdivision has the opportunity to make Powell and Karns 6A schools.  I would think some of Powell kids would end up moving and it would bleed into Halls, Central and over to Fulton.  That way they could avoid so many 6A schools in Knox County. This in my mind would be 4-6 years away…but if Ling took it kids will trickle back to Fulton.  Remember the voucher program is coming too very soon. 

3 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

I just put out my suggestion. I know that's his son, and he did a lot at Fulton on the staff. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go, of course. It would be a big hit considering what he is doing with this offense over here, but it was just a thought.

That’s Josh Jone’s offense…let’s not be silly.

21 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

Won't matter who the head coach is until the people above Matt Mercer get serious about sports at GCA no one will win there again. 

LOL, you’ve been a GCA hater for a long time. I’ll never apologize for winning all those Region and District Titles in D1. GCA will be winning again soon and it’s because of who we have in Administration and our Pastor. But, thank you for chiming in :roll:

12 hours ago, pdover1776 said:

If Justin Long is offered and accepts Fulton will be state champions again within 6 years.  Mark it down.  There is rezoning coming on the horizon after this mega subdivision is completed in Powell/karns.  It’s inevitable. 

Doesn't matter what zones might change as long as freshman can transfer into what ever  public high school in Knox County that the HFBC wants and the principal approves. Zones don't mean much except to put a high school into a certain classification per TSSAA. It only takes a handful of good players transferring into a school to make them better/playoff contenders or a handful of players transferring out to turn a high school into a dumpster fire. 

50 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Doesn't matter what zones might change as long as freshman can transfer into what ever  public high school in Knox County that the HFBC wants and the principal approves. Zones don't mean much except to put a high school into a certain classification per TSSAA. It only takes a handful of good players transferring into a school to make them better/playoff contenders or a handful of players transferring out to turn a high school into a dumpster fire. 

The zones still matter.  Just not like they used to.  If the better athletes are zoned for your school it easier to get them.  You don’t have to go out looking.  That’s the issue now at Fulton.  

22 minutes ago, pdover1776 said:

The zones still matter.  Just not like they used to.  If the better athletes are zoned for your school it easier to get them.  You don’t have to go out looking.  That’s the issue now at Fulton.  

So Fulton not winning like they used to because KCS Board changed the school zone? So it doesn't have anything to do with Buck Coatney/ Rob Black not being the HFBC and Josh Jones getting out of Rec League football and becoming a HS coach?

18 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Everybody needs to remember OR is by far the best gig Rang has had as a HC. Right in the backyard of where he played. He's not leaving OR for a program that needs fixing unless the cupboard is full, that's not the case at Fulton

yes that is true, thats why I don't think he goes to Fulton. He would go home though if the opportunity came

20 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Everybody needs to remember OR is by far the best gig Rang has had as a HC. Right in the backyard of where he played. He's not leaving OR for a program that needs fixing unless the cupboard is full, that's not the case at Fulton

I don't know.  GP is probably a better gig really.