ER vs York trip to Chattanooga on the line

Chiefbigfoot

Just got in from Green’s Tavern after throwing back some adult beverages and just rewatch the end of the game and if I am a York parent I am taking some of those boys outside, grabbing a branch from a tree, and smacking some sense into those ones who acted a fool those last couple of minutes. 

Especially the one who grabbed the Groves boy’s towel and threw it down and then tackled him and tried to continue to twist his ankle. Those types of things wouldn’t even fly in the prison yard where I spent 6 years.

Maybe those York boys need to come down here to God’s country to learn to win and lose with some class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crow said:

This thing is a hot mess. Both programs should have some sort of penalty handed down from TSSAA. Neither side had any control of their teams tonight. 

I think that should start with the officials. They had absolutely no control.  I am a proud of the Dragons for the year they had but I am disappointed in the lack of discipline tonight.  Hate to see it end for this group of seniors they have been fun to watch the last couple years. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Classless said:

I think that should start with the officials. They had absolutely no control.  I am a proud of the Dragons for the year they had but I am disappointed in the lack of discipline tonight.  Hate to see it end for this group of seniors they have been fun to watch the last couple years. 

A lot of negative has been said about your dragons tonight but I will say this about your dragons, they don’t quit and play hard as crap. Can’t ask for anything more except the discipline part.

1 hour ago, bobcatfan300 said:

East Robertson was the worst sports I've ever seen in all the DECADES I've watch. A East Robertson coach PUNCHED a York player. He is being charged with assault. They started 2 fights, kicked York players who were on the ground, and all night long they shoved York players after the play ended. York cost themselves the game by going for it on 4th down twice costing 2 touchdowns. But they came back from 35-7 to 35-31 and if they got the last on side kick, they would have won. Their coach encouraged his team to act like horrible. I would be ashamed if I was from ER. I hope the ER assistant coach goes to jail.

All lies. And East pulled their starters only reason York scored.  #70 for York  punched 2 East coaches and a ref.  He is definitely in trouble 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

ER lived up to their reputation tonight. If they pull that next Friday they will get their eye balls beat in on the field. I am just keeping it real 

Well Biggums I couldn’t agree more! But. They did a pretty good job containing the dirty play all night until the end. When York tired to Rip #1 leg off it went bad. They plays DISCIPLINE football like they did against Smith County it will be a great game. Which Smith didn’t try and play dirty and it was a good game. 

13 minutes ago, Classless said:

I understand that as well but just as a point of discussion what more could have been done? They flagged any sort of foolishness early, when it got ratcheted up a notch they cleared the field and warned both sides, they continued to flag the chippy stuff then when the fight inevitably broke out they ejected players. I understand what you’re saying but from my perspective the officials gave both coaching staffs ample opportunities to get their teams under control. Neither side did that. In fact until the ejections I’d say both coaches continued to have less control of their teams as the game went on. The only other thing I could see the officials doing would’ve been to eject players earlier but that would’ve likely been in the first half dust up and then likely would’ve only been a player from York, maybe 2. I agree with you about the season but whether anyone thinks it’s warranted or not York has that reputation as that sort of program. Some will say it’s earned, others will say it’s total BS. Either way it’s out there. Apparently ER does also, I’m sure the officials were aware of that also. Like I said earlier it was a perfect self feeding storm and unfortunately a bad look for all involved tonight. Entertaining as heck but unfortunately everyone is talking about that junk and not the nearly miraculous comeback. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crow said:

I understand that as well but just as a point of discussion what more could have been done? They flagged any sort of foolishness early, when it got ratcheted up a notch they cleared the field, they continued to flag the chippy stuff them when the fight inevitably broke out they ejected players. I understand what you’re saying but from my perspective the officials have both coaching staffs ample opportunities to get their teams under control. Neither side did that. In fact until the ejections I’d say both coaches continued to have less control of their teams as the game went on. The only other thing I could see the officials doing would’ve been to eject players earlier but that would’ve likely been in the first half dust up and then likely would’ve only been a player from York, maybe 2. I agree with you about the season but whether anyone thinks it’s warranted or not York has that reputation as that sort of program. Some will say it’s earned, others will say it’s total BS. Either way it’s out there. Apparently ER does also, I’m sure the officials were aware of that also. Like I said earlier it was a perfect self feeding storm and unfortunate a bad look for all involved tonight. Entertaining as heck but unfortunately everyone is talking about that junk and not the nearly miraculous comeback. 

Agree Refs tried to call it, the Coaches didn't control the players and this is what you get.  I'll bet the refs will lay the law down next week, teams better go there to play football or they'll toss um like flies. Then again, most teams that make it this far are very disciplined.

Just now, crow said:

I understand that as well but just as a point of discussion what more could have been done? They flagged any sort of foolishness early, when it got ratcheted up a notch they cleared the field, they continued to flag the chippy stuff them when the fight inevitably broke out they ejected players. I understand what you’re saying but from my perspective the officials have both coaching staffs ample opportunities to get their teams under control. Neither side did that. In fact until the ejections I’d say both coaches continued to have less control of their teams as the game went on. The only other thing I could see the officials doing would’ve been to eject players earlier but that would’ve likely been in the first half dust up and then likely would’ve only been a player from York, maybe 2. I agree with you about the season but whether anyone thinks it’s warranted or not York has that reputation as that sort of program. Some will say it’s earned, others will say it’s total BS. Either way it’s out there. Apparently ER does also, I’m sure the officials were aware of that also. Like I said earlier it was a perfect self feeding storm and unfortunate a bad look for all involved tonight. Entertaining as heck but unfortunately everyone is talking about that junk and not the nearly miraculous comeback. 

The first little fiasco should have had some ejections.  And I disagree it would have been players from both sides.  I wouldn’t want to be an official by any means but I felt tonight they let it get out of hand.  But at the end of the day if you don’t give them the opportunity they can’t penalize you.  Like I said proud of the Dragons disappointed how it ended.