THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

27 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

How did they “get better”? What magical formula was it that caused them from being a mediocre 1A team to a championship contender in 4A? It’s amazing how that happened. How does Red Boiling Springs or Pickett County do this?

Step 1. Prospective players/parents see posts like yours and realize they'd rather not play football with a bunch of titty babies

Step 2. Go to state 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

How did they “get better”? What magical formula was it that caused them from being a mediocre 1A team to a championship contender in 4A? It’s amazing how that happened. How does Red Boiling Springs or Pickett County do this? 

The same way Clay county does it. 1A school with less than 300 kids in a very small town and county.

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Why the Mavs don't get back to read option and pass too. Greeneville had trouble if you mix it up on the run. They played and concentrated on Moog and that is all they had to do and the done good at it. But when you mix it up Greeneville has trouble. Uppermans did not even pass or that game could have been over quick. I have to hand it to Upperman defense. I think however if Greeneville would have passed more they would have had a better chance. But one thing is pretty true when you get to this level you need a good pass game as speed and talent will get you. The 3 headed Monsters better wake up! 

Greeneville kid made a great play to get that opening drive interception. Without that play Upperman probably would’ve thrown the ball much more and it may have gotten ugly. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JohnnyRay said:

The Greenie Weenies are fortunate the game was cancelled and their "undefeated" regular season saved. No need to save face now. Y'all been bragging all week about how you were tied (LMAO) 7-7 with Alcoa when everyone and their grandma knew Alcoa was about to put another 7 on the board and lay the wood on the Gwomen for the rest of the game! You sissies have been saying Alcoa like Beetlejuice hoping the Tornadoes would appear Friday in those diarrhea-green leotards to save you from that whipping:roflolk:

I can agree that Alcoa was driving to score before half but doesn’t take away with what Greeneville did in that first half.  I would say act like you have been here before but well you never have and getting beat 21-14 is not a whipping. You still have one more game to win and if you don’t it’s a lot of talk for nothing…..

3 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Then what happened? Putnam County built a new school in Baxter and school choice became an option. Like magic all of the Upperman sports teams went from mediocre to State Championship contenders.

Funny thing I noticed is 3 of the 4 finalists in 4A were from huge counties with school choice. Small county schools don’t have a chance anymore in football.

I wish they would go back to 3 classes in all sports in Division 1. 

UHS went to the 2a semis in 1996....so days struggling to get 1a wins are 25+ years ago . At one time,  Spring Hill was a small rual school. Now look at that area. Progress happens. It's not like UHS went from 350 students to 890 in 2 years. It was over a thirty year span. They won 2 baseball championships in the 90s, played in several 80s. But until the mid 90s, seemed only basketball and baseball was a priority. Some lean years jumping g from 1a to 2a, and from 2a to 3a. Since 2013, football has been a focal point of the community snd school. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As hard as it was to witness everything that happened after the game Friday night, I take comfort in knowing that Upperman’s biggest fan went from witnessing the greatest win in school history to witnessing the face of his savior. There is never a good time to lose someone we love but for Mr butler, what a wonderful thing to witness as the last image he ever saw. From one of his greatest nights to his greatest eternal reward. I could care less about all this other junk you all are taking about. In the game of life, none of it matters. Go win the gold ball for him Bees!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 5

On 11/25/2023 at 10:55 AM, noonesfool said:

I can answer the 1st question and I know nothing about the second. The visitors seats were originally the home side for decades because the sun was behind the bleachers. When the Home side shifted facing west many fans and later their next generations kept sitting there. Has nothing to do with Upperman ( a big congratulations to them). I always thought it strange as well and I’m highly connected to Greeneville.

Texting or not when you have a head coach that doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to step up and attempt to win THE BIG GAME WHICH HE STILL CANT he can't even make adjustments in the 2nd half to try and even compete. Hands down congrats to Upperman you all deserve it. 

On 11/25/2023 at 10:55 AM, noonesfool said:

I can answer the 1st question and I know nothing about the second. The visitors seats were originally the home side for decades because the sun was behind the bleachers. When the Home side shifted facing west many fans and later their next generations kept sitting there. Has nothing to do with Upperman ( a big congratulations to them). I always thought it strange as well and I’m highly connected to Greeneville.

My grand father and father use to sit on the visiting side at Greeneville games after it changed as well. Pretty simple answer for most is they get there early and get great seats and yes the sun not in your eyes. Many times I’ve sit right in the middle of the other teams fan base just to get to know folks from Maryville, Alcoa or several other places when traveling or at home games of Greeneville or my kids Dobyns Bennett teams. Same with SEC games and believe me, every fan base there has it’s share of “cousin Eddie’s “ 

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

My grand father and father use to sit on the visiting side at Greeneville games after it changed as well. Pretty simple answer for most is they get there early and get great seats and yes the sun not in your eyes. Many times I’ve sit right in the middle of the other teams fan base just to get to know folks from Maryville, Alcoa or several other places when traveling or at home games of Greeneville or my kids Dobyns Bennett teams. Same with SEC games and believe me, every fan base there has it’s share of “cousin Eddie’s “ 

Enjoyed your thoughts Batman.

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

You're a good feller Batman!

Enjoyed the several times we have meet!

You can sit with us GOONS anytime. :thumb:

On 11/25/2023 at 10:17 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Isnt pearl cohn undefeated? Who did they lay down to this year?? You can’t judge a current team by past years.

My apologies BPM, I judged past & shouldn’t, I’ve just seen them get leaned on & lose their cool & quit, congratulations to those young men on their gold ball & upperman on their great run!