West Tn Teams

TnHoops23

11 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

A lot of missed fouls on both teams

What upsets me the most is the way refs let teams attack the player  that's controlling the ball. For example when o player comes down with a rebound with clear possession any player that reaches in and touches a arm it should be a foul. All these tied up situations really hurt the flow of the game. Most refs now just don't understand the game!

22 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

What upsets me the most is the way refs let teams attack the player  that's controlling the ball. For example when o player comes down with a rebound with clear possession any player that reaches in and touches a arm it should be a foul. All these tied up situations really hurt the flow of the game. Most refs now just don't understand the game!

Coaches and players know officials are not going to call all touch fouls so they are going to see how far they can push it. Some nights it gets pretty bad !!!

11 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Westview's girls take their first home loss in over four years tonight in Martin. The fact that Westview ended a 21 year relationship with Dyersburg just to see that streak go up in smoke tonight is a lot of wow. 

Wow! I did not realize it had been 4 years since they lost a game in Martin... That is a pretty impressive streak. 90% of school can not go 4 weeks! Big shout out to the lady Hornets! Scrappy bunch they are! 

It is looking like DBurg is going to be a tall tree to climb. Whitehaven and Huntingdon are both good teams.

1 hour ago, TrickyD said:

Coaches and players know officials are not going to call all touch fouls so they are going to see how far they can push it. Some nights it gets pretty bad !!!

The way a set of officials call a game can make or break a team. Huntingdon is big and can play very physical. If you get a crew that lets the game be played with a lot of contact Huntington’s size and aggressiveness will make them a tough out this season. Personally I am old school and feel that basketball should be played with some contact.

As far as last night’s crew there was one moment in particular that most everyone in the gym on both sides were expressing frustration. Traditionally I say that if both sides are angry you’ve had a good night but that crew had moments throughout the night.

For example, they realized after the game started that they were not using the game ball. There’s a reason why officials go to the table before a game to check equipment.

They stopped a breakaway for Dyersburg when the net either was tangled or appeared to be tangled on the goal that wasn’t even being used. I’ve never seen an official call a dead ball under that circumstance

And if you want to go to the second game Dburg was shooting fouls with :00 on the clock at a quarter break. Huntington’s cheerleaders went on the floor and did a routine on the shooter’s half of the floor while he was taking his free throws.

15 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Wow! I did not realize it had been 4 years since they lost a game in Martin... That is a pretty impressive streak. 90% of school can not go 4 weeks! Big shout out to the lady Hornets! Scrappy bunch they are! 

It is looking like DBurg is going to be a tall tree to climb. Whitehaven and Huntingdon are both good teams.

It’s one of the more remarkable streaks in west Tennessee hoops in my opinion. And if you look at last year’s road loss to the Lady Pioneers there was some ridiculous streak broken in regards to their first loss to a Tennessee team in an eternity.

The Lady Trojans will have arguably their biggest test of the young season today at USJ in the Dynamix Hoopfest. They’re playing Princeton out of the Cincinnati area. They’re defending state champions and we’re ranked in the top 25 nationally at the end of the season. And coming off a loss, this is going to be a very angry and hungry group of Vikings waiting for the Lady Trojans. In addition to the competition aspect, there will be a lot of bright lights as a lot of major programs will be in the house. Michigan State was there yesterday and the Lady Vols will be in the house today.

Going back to Whitehaven, the thing that surprised me most about them in our game was the obsession with the three ball. They live outside the perimeter. Fortunately for us they couldn’t make a shot when we played them. 

32 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

It’s one of the more remarkable streaks in west Tennessee hoops in my opinion. And if you look at last year’s road loss to the Lady Pioneers there was some ridiculous streak broken in regards to their first loss to a Tennessee team in an eternity.

The Lady Trojans will have arguably their biggest test of the young season today at USJ in the Dynamix Hoopfest. They’re playing Princeton out of the Cincinnati area. They’re defending state champions and we’re ranked in the top 25 nationally at the end of the season. And coming off a loss, this is going to be a very angry and hungry group of Vikings waiting for the Lady Trojans. In addition to the competition aspect, there will be a lot of bright lights as a lot of major programs will be in the house. Michigan State was there yesterday and the Lady Vols will be in the house today.

Going back to Whitehaven, the thing that surprised me most about them in our game was the obsession with the three ball. They live outside the perimeter. Fortunately for us they couldn’t make a shot when we played them. 

Great post. Is the hoop fest a TSSAA event, or is this a private tourney? It looks like a pretty cool deal with TCA and USJ hosting the event. A lot of talent in town. 

• Like 1