West Tn Teams

TnHoops23

On 11/22/2023 at 7:53 AM, pioneer42 said:

Yep always a great slate of games. Gibson County and South Side gets back at it which has become one of my favorite games every year. Been some great games over the years where both teams have had some great wins. This is one game that each program needs to play win or lose and has became a great tradition. Both programs have been elite for many years. Look forward to seeing you Hawk. Hope you and your family have a great Holiday. 

Yes sir! I couldn’t have explained it any better! Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family as well. See you tomorrow! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Most definitely! We are so young & inexperienced. But I am sure every team that we lose to this year will more than likely will be in Murfreesboro in March 

The way I see it you learn from your losses. We play a tough schedule year round and we hope we learn instead of lose. I know y'all are young and will learn and get better. Y'all will be Ok  when it matters in February. You learn from the regular season and get inexperienced players experience. Y'all have the right formula playing tough teams for sure.

8 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

End of 3rd qtr and Huntingdon is dismantling the defending state champion South Side 44-19

Huntingdon returned a lot of player that have played a ton of minutes. Kee is a handful and guard play is solid. Posters seemed to forget most games they lost last season were by 2-6 points and lead in many of those games late.

1 hour ago, Waker said:

Huntingdon returned a lot of player that have played a ton of minutes. Kee is a handful and guard play is solid. Posters seemed to forget most games they lost last season were by 2-6 points and lead in many of those games late.

Kee is really, really good. Huntingdon has another big post that takes up space and lets them play high-low. They’ve also got a shooter that creates some space. They should be in Murfreesboro with a chance to win a game or two. My opinion, their guard play is average and keeps them from being a state title contender.

2 hours ago, maddams said:

Kee is really, really good. Huntingdon has another big post that takes up space and lets them play high-low. They’ve also got a shooter that creates some space. They should be in Murfreesboro with a chance to win a game or two. My opinion, their guard play is average and keeps them from being a state title contender.

Huntingdon plays Dyersburg later this year should be a good test for both teams 

4 hours ago, maddams said:

You are right on. Handling ball pressure from their guards has been an issue with this team the last couple of years They handle pressure and get in a rhythm offensively in the half court with Kee low and some of these shooters they can be really dangerous. They have a great Junior High program too. They are on the rise for sure. 

5 hours ago, Waker said:

4 hours ago, RedDevil23 said:

It looked like SS lost a lot from last years team when saw them this summer. I watched them play in Murfreesboro last year. I think they lost a lot of size. 

We are all aware of Huntingdon. Solid program and well coached. South Side will be better late. We have all said that. Lots of new players that all this is new too. They will get better. Awful early. They beat us by 30 at our tournament last year and we finished the Final Four. They are well coached and I predict them to be in Murfreesboro. Got to get it all figured out. He is playing lots of players trying to figure his system out that all of this is new too. Askins sat out most of the game today. Had 2 fouls early and he played other players getting experience in the second half. 

Edited by pioneer42