West Tn Teams

TnHoops23

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Dyersburg and Huntingdung just played a good one. Dburg girls pull out the 63-59 win to move to 8-0. 

That contest will pay dividends for both programs. Lady Trojans trailed by five to start Q4 in a game that felt like Dyersburg trailed by most of the night. Huntingdon shot 61% for the game. 

1 hour ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

That contest will pay dividends for both programs. Lady Trojans trailed by five to start Q4 in a game that felt like Dyersburg trailed by most of the night. Huntingdon shot 61% for the game. 

Yes very competitive game!  Fillies did lead most of the game and if they limit turnovers they win tonight.  This is a very good Dyersburg team and a great place to watch a game.  Yes I agree this was a good matchup and should help both teams in the long run.

40 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Westview's girls take their first home loss in over four years tonight in Martin. The fact that Westview ended a 21 year relationship with Dyersburg just to see that streak go up in smoke tonight is a lot of wow. 

Does Westview avoid playing tough teams in the regular season in West Tennessee?  I hear that often from fans and I have heard from other coaches as well.  I don’t have any true info on that but that is the reputation they have.  I was surprised South Gibson beat them tonight. 

1 minute ago, 1983 said:

Does Westview avoid playing tough teams in the regular season in West Tennessee?  I hear that often from fans and I have heard from other coaches as well.  I don’t have any true info on that but that is the reputation they have.  I was surprised South Gibson beat them tonight. 

Congrats to S Gibson. 

30 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I can only speak to this season and their unwillingness to put Dyersburg on the schedule. And that was a huge win for the Lady Hornets! Thank you, also, for the kind words about your visit to Dyersburg tonight. We are proud of our facilities as well as game day experience for home fans as well as guests. Looking forward to visiting Huntingdon in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

I can only speak to this season and their unwillingness to put Dyersburg on the schedule. And that was a huge win for the Lady Hornets! Thank you, also, for the kind words about your visit to Dyersburg tonight. We are proud of our facilities as well as game day experience for home fans as well as guests. Looking forward to visiting Huntingdon in a few weeks. 

We need to consider putting putting shoulder and hip pads on our players. Fillies got mugged all night and that useless bunch of officials did nothing to control things.