West Tn Teams

TnHoops23

11 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

SGC is just beat up with injuries. I am an SGC guy, but I know the deal. Losing 2 starters on a BBall is team is very hard to overcome. 

Tough season for SGC this year, but a lot to look forward to in the years to come. Embrey does a good job of running that program from the younger players up to her high school team.

23 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

SGC is just beat up with injuries. I am an SGC guy, but I know the deal. Losing 2 starters on a BBall is team is very hard to overcome. 

Not a knock on them at all. A lot of respect for the program. Just saying in their current form the lack of depth will hurt. At the same time, I will not be shocked if SGC/Crockett meet and the winner goes on to Murfreesboro. 

39 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I agree with their injuries but I still think they have a good shot to get to Murfreesboro. Crockett or South Gibson one will be in Murfreesboro, IMO. Will be an interesting Monday Night. 

21 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Not a knock on them at all. A lot of respect for the program. Just saying in their current form the lack of depth will hurt. At the same time, I will not be shocked if SGC/Crockett meet and the winner goes on to Murfreesboro. 

Crockett will have to value the ball better to win a loser leave town match. Can't turn it over a bunch and stay alive. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TLowns said:

Tough season for SGC this year, but a lot to look forward to in the years to come. Embrey does a good job of running that program from the younger players up to her high school team.

I agree. Embrey does a great job. I am glad to have her here. She is one tough coach. Hard as a railroad tie. She doesn't expect the most out of her players she demands it. 

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree with their injuries but I still think they have a good shot to get to Murfreesboro. Crockett or South Gibson one will be in Murfreesboro, IMO. Will be an interesting Monday Night. 

I hope you are correct. Like a previous posters stated the lack of depth I think might bite. It has been a fun season regardless of how it shakes out. Some great wins and some not so great losses. 

SGC has a clear road back to the state tournament: Beat Fayette Ware - Realistically a game that SGC should win easily - Beat Crockett in the Semi which is not too much to ask and actually I think they should win that game as well. They do that and they are back in the state tournament. Not a rough road to get there honestly. 

3 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

SGC has a clear road back to the state tournament: Beat Fayette Ware - Realistically a game that SGC should win easily - Beat Crockett in the Semi which is not too much to ask and actually I think they should win that game as well. They do that and they are back in the state tournament. Not a rough road to get there honestly. 

Crockett or South Gibson will be there, IMO. South Gibson has a great shot.

38 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Crockett or South Gibson will be there, IMO. South Gibson has a great shot.

So are there no AAA programs in Memphis area that have a shot in Sub State? No one has mentioned any and everyone is already placing 2- 13 AAA teams in State. Just curious who the top teams are coming out of Region 8?

1 hour ago, Dash said:

So are there no AAA programs in Memphis area that have a shot in Sub State? No one has mentioned any and everyone is already placing 2- 13 AAA teams in State. Just curious who the top teams are coming out of Region 8?

Memphis Business Academy is AA and seems to be one of the best in Shelby County excluding 4 A. They are a pretty good team. We played them twice last year and beat them by 15-20 and played a lot of our JV as well but AAA I just don't see it. They shut it down in Shelby County during Covid and even after Covid for a couple of years and they just haven't seemed to have caught back up. Lots of games forfeited over that stretch. Just don't see it. Their District is really good. I think with a lot of confidence Crockett or South Gibson will be there. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, Dash said:

Best team over there is probably Millington.  Millington lost to Dyer County, the last place team in 13AAA, twice.  Millington also lost to Crockett early this year by 20.   I think it's very likely that two teams from 13AAA are headed to Murfreesboro