Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Anyone who wins consistently at Kentucky is a big time hire for a real football school.

I’ll agree that winnin at Kentucky is hard to do and he has done a good job there BUT 

If you consistently win 7-9 games a year at Kentucky they will build a statue of you in front of the stadium once you retire. If you win 7-9 games a year at A&M you are gonna get fired and be lookin for a new job. The expectations at the 2 schools are drastically different. 

Edited by Spike016

13 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I’ll agree that winnin at Kentucky is hard to do and he has done a good job there BUT 

If you consistently win 7-9 games a year at Kentucky they will build a statue of you in front of the stadium once you retire. If you win 7-9 games a year at A&M you are gonna get fired and be lookin for a new job. The expectations at the 2 schools are drastically different. 

The donor money and what you’re able to recruit there are two totally different things as well!

I think he would’ve done well there!

27 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

The way Kentucky schedules non conference is terrible. It’s easy to get bowl eligible. Their non conference next year is awful. 

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

I believe the thinking is, if you win 7-9 games a year at KY with the resources/athletes you generally get at that school when it comes to football, then you should be able to compete for champinships at A&M with the unlimited resources they have for football, which is a fair assumption...

Groves.  He has won me over.  Teams know he's getting it.  And York was trying to end his season.  He still averages 4 to 7 a carry then breaks several a game. If you don't admire that I'm not sure why you watch football. 

https://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?/topic/271412-er-vs-york-trip-to-chattanooga-on-the-line/&do=findComment&comment=4389470

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Groves.  He has won me over.  Teams know he's getting it.  And York was trying to end his season.  He still averages 4 to 7 a carry then breaks several a game. If you don't admire that I'm not sure why you watch football. 

https://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?/topic/271412-er-vs-york-trip-to-chattanooga-on-the-line/&do=findComment&comment=4389470

100% me too. When I saw some of the stats during the season I thought it was just the competition level, doing it consistently every Friday night is a horse of different color. Seeing him in person and watching what he does is pretty unbelievable. The way he cuts without having to slow down and plant his foot is what got me. Not many can do that. That’s elite. That’s why he’s a major D1 prospect.

Edited by DbCooper

42 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

ER before Brooks was 8-21 in the playoffs

Brooks in 2 years is 7-1 in the playoffs. 

That’s a great turn around in 2 years. I think he’s only been a head for 2 years and has a fairly young OC. He’s going to make mistakes it’s part of the process he’s learning and getting it done at the same time. They should’ve hired him when they hired Pond, I think he interviewed then too.