Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

On 11/25/2023 at 1:02 PM, HonkyNinja12 said:

No doubt on his success but great coaches are judged in games where you’re not favored by 35 lol if he wins this one he’ll have nudged me a good bit. Having watched him many times like you his schemes and team discipline are terrible. There are not many public schools in any class with this much talent so just winning games is not good enough its gold ball or nothing in a perfect storm like this. 

Exactly this. What's your record when you are going against equally talented teams. 

I'm a Marion County fan, I know what the "Experts" said, but if you talked to anybody that had watched both teams especially late in the season, ER was hands down the favorite. I might be in the minority on this, but I think ER had the talent advantage against all 3 of those teams with Marion being the closest, but there was a clear gap. 

1 minute ago, oldfaithful said:

I'm a Marion County fan, I know what the "Experts" said, but if you talked to anybody that had watched both teams especially late in the season, ER was hands down the favorite. I might be in the minority on this, but I think ER had the talent advantage against all 3 of those teams with Marion being the closest, but there was a clear gap. 

I understand I was just answering the question. Marion was undefeated, Smith already beat ER once, York was undefeated. ER was picked to lose on the road to all 3. 

5 minutes ago, CCLHL08 said:

I understand I was just answering the question. Marion was undefeated, Smith already beat ER once, York was undefeated. ER was picked to lose on the road to all 3. 

Marion & York didn't play the hardest schedule this year. Marion had a couple of close calls against less talented teams. I think ER could open it up a little more on Offense but their HC has them playing hard and he plays to their strengths. I haven't seen Riverside but it is hard for me to believe that any team in 2A is just head and shoulders better talent wise than ER. 

How many kids did Riverside return from last year? 

7 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Marion & York didn't play the hardest schedule this year. Marion had a couple of close calls against less talented teams. I think ER could open it up a little more on Offense but their HC has them playing hard and he plays to their strengths. I haven't seen Riverside but it is hard for me to believe that any team in 2A is just head and shoulders better talent wise than ER. 

I really don’t know how many is returning I’ve read they got alot of seniors. Their schedule is tougher than ER no doubt . It’s definitely going to be a tall task for ER to pull this off due to being so young. 

1 hour ago, oldfaithful said:

I think it was 10/11. Tall task for a young ER team.

2 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

We graduated our QB, one WR and a D lineman. I believe an offensive lineman too I can’t remember. We have a very experienced team that’s been to the big game hopefully that’ll be a big advantage for us coming into this one.

9 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Exactly this. What's your record when you are going against equally talented teams. 

In TN hes got the 2nd ranked player in the 24’ class 15th in 25’ and top 5 in 26’. All with SEC offers another that will get SEC offers and several more with FCS offers. Disregarding my argument of the validity of their actual talent its really almost unheard of in public school ball much less 2A.  You have to win it all or you failed as a coach imo. Talent isn't everything but its always the driving factor. Going to be a great game. Riverside is tough and experienced with good talent and ER is ultra athletic with good line play. Going to be a great 2A matchup 

2 minutes ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

In TN hes got the 2nd ranked player in the 24’ class 15th in 25’ and top 5 in 26’. All with SEC offers another that will get SEC offers and several more with FCS offers. Disregarding my argument of the validity of their actual talent its really almost unheard of in public school ball much less 2A.  You have to win it all or you failed as a coach imo. Talent isn't everything but its always the driving factor. Going to be a great game. Riverside is tough and experienced with good talent and ER is ultra athletic with good line play. Going to be a great 2A matchup 

I agree for the most part. Still trying fill out 8 or 9 more on my he field is tuff. ER is sophomore heavy with a freshman QB. You can see at times the youth. Now if this was a JR/SR class heavy absolutely