For the Gold Ball Mckenzie vs S. Pitt

RedRebelman

22 hours ago, TheCountian said:

BigCornbread, we got beat by the better team last week and that’s ok, we’ll be back next year.   BUT all of our players are legit and legal.  We don’t have whole new rosters every season like yall.  Are those boys that are seniors over there this year and making all that noise, were they not any good last year?  How’d they get so much better from junior to senior year?  Hmmm, oh, I know, they filled in some gaps with some top level recruits!  Haha!

Another sewer bill candidate.

43 minutes ago, TheCountian said:

I’m a Carroll Countian.   To be honest, I’m a Mustang and my mustangs need a new coach.  If we had a coach with an offense from the last century, we’d be playing on Saturday.   Do y’all SP folks have any recruiting tips on how to get us a new coach?   I keep up with McKenzie too, gots some fam on the team.  Only reason I keep up with them.  And you think I’m dumb enough to use the same profile for my Mustang and McKenzie comments.  Smile everybody!  Just trying to have a little fun.  I know y’all boys don’t recruit, I’m sure you all play by the rules.  In all seriousness, good luck to both teams.  Two fine programs. 

I've seen and heard a few Huntingdon fans say that over the years. Always call BS. Union City runs a very similar offense and has 4 gold balls since 2009. Mustangs were a very good team this year they just ran into a buzzsaw. Imo they're the way too early favorites for 2024. 

Edited by ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood

16 hours ago, TheCountian said:

That just happen to be big time players.  Lol

Incorrect.  Neither of the 2 were the Mr. Football semi-finalist.  In fact, on of the semi-finalist was a finalist last year, the QB. SP follows the same rules as over there except they do it better.

16 hours ago, TheCountian said:

We follow the rules over here

Edited by rlh

44 minutes ago, TheCountian said:

I’m a Carroll Countian.   To be honest, I’m a Mustang and my mustangs need a new coach.  If we had a coach with an offense from the last century, we’d be playing on Saturday.   Do y’all SP folks have any recruiting tips on how to get us a new coach?   I keep up with McKenzie too, gots some fam on the team.  Only reason I keep up with them.  And you think I’m dumb enough to use the same profile for my Mustang and McKenzie comments.  Smile everybody!  Just trying to have a little fun.  I know y’all boys don’t recruit, I’m sure you all play by the rules.  In all seriousness, good luck to both teams.  Two fine programs. 

Agree with you on the offense.  One of my buddies from Huntingdon who has had 2 boys play football with a 3rd one playing now, said he wishes he had Comer in Huntingdon.  They would have had 3 balls by now. 

23 minutes ago, Booger said:

one of Booger most anxious to observe

last years 1A Gold Ball Champ is returnin back to Finley for their 3rd in a row...and thinkin 5th or 4th Gold Ball Contest overall......the Rebals have been on a tear since droppin down to 1A....showin up at the big dance every year since doin so....Booger observed McKenzie drop the first one to South Pittsburg in a squeeker

.....the Pirates are no strangers to the Gold Ball contest....attendin Booger thinkin 12 or 11 times....collectin 7 or 6 Gold Balls along the way.....woulda been probably 15 trips and 10 or 8 Gold Balls if it wernt for the Greenbackers.....

....if the skilletheads QB is good....Booger got Pirates by 3 or 2 scores and goin 3 for 3 against them Rebals and takin this 1A Gold Ball back to South Kimbrell and @PirateMike...

.....if Pirates QB is damaged goods....Booger nervous for the skillethead fanbase....thinkin the contest could go either way.... but thinkin reads bout like it did 2 years ago with it still travelin back to South Kimbrell...

Go Pirates

thats a Booger Pickin :thumb:

You were at the 2007 SP - McKenzie title game?

On 11/28/2023 at 9:16 AM, GeneralForrest said:

You're ridiculous. Mckenzie got lucky x 2 that Moores QB was hobbled and they missed an XP.  Your delusion is the highest I've seen here in a bit. 

I didn't say a thing about Moore Counties lack of a QB and thought Moore would beat them without him anyway.I said Gordonsville didn't stand a chance against McKenzie.Huge difference between McKinzie and Gordonsville or any other East team not named South Pittsburg.I will not lower myself to calling you Delusional and Ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, ScallyWag said:

I didn't say a thing about Moore Counties lack of a QB and thought Moore would beat them without him anyway.I said Gordonsville didn't stand a chance against McKenzie.Huge difference between McKinzie and Gordonsville or any other East team not named South Pittsburg.I will not lower myself to calling you Delusional and Ridiculous.

I agree with you completely ST. We would have no chance against about 4/5 teams from the west