Alcoa vs east Nashville, back to the ship!!!!

Slingitdownfield

25 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

I wonder if the PA guy is going to tell East to start that bus before the game is over. East’s PA was nice enough to talk trash to Dyersburg athletes before the clock expired last week. Now that the shoe is on the other foot maybe some important life lessons will be learned by some of the adults? 

Their announcer is awesome . Has me laughing when I hear him. I don’t see nothing wrong with the way he announces but I get what you’re saying.

Edited by vandyfan1

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Their announcer is awesome . Has me laughing when I hear him. I don’t see nothing wrong with the way he announces but I get what you’re saying.

You will never hear me hate on a home field advantage. I love enthusiasm and the atmosphere at East is incredible. The student athletes and fans at East are incredibly blessed to have such amazing facilities and to have great volunteers behind the scenes. But a grown man should never talk trash to kids over a sound system during a game. 

• Like 2

You would think at some point during this run that the kids would lose interest. That they would simply expect to win and start losing. That coaches wouldn't gameplan as hard because they're just better so what's the point. That parents would stop supporting because little Johnny isn't getting to play. That other schools would start trying to poach players or start recruiting at a level to beat them. But they just keep winning. They've won a state championship in all but what, 7 of the last 23 years? Just insane to think about. Decatur needs an aluminum plant.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

You would think at some point during this run that the kids would lose interest. That they would simply expect to win and start losing. That coaches wouldn't gameplan as hard because they're just better so what's the point. That parents would stop supporting because little Johnny isn't getting to play. That other schools would start trying to poach players or start recruiting at a level to beat them. But they just keep winning. They've won a state championship in all but what, 7 of the last 23 years? Just insane to think about. Decatur needs an aluminum plant.

Have said it all year, Alcoa is a 6A program with a 3A enrollment

• Thanks 1

Go to 5-6a already or D-2 III so these titles will actually mean something. Beating up on teams without the resources you have seems to be too easy for Alcoa. Why don’t they have a mini series or Documentary on some streaming platform? People are interested in how to build powerhouses or how their able to dominate year after year. Maybe it wouldn’t be as impressive if we got a glimpse behind the scenes though kinda like 2 a days ended up exposing some not so good things. Alcoa is Titletown TN for sure!