Pearl Cohn vs Upperman

Volsfan52

Just my opinion Upperman showed great defence, time management and execution against Greeneville. The one area that Upperman may get beat is the deep ball and PC appears to be very good in this area. It could still turn out to be a good game. PC had trouble with the Mavs dual backs last year because of the balance passing game. Upperman had trouble with Greeneville deep ball. This is where the difference could be. Upperman did not show much against Greeneville in the passing department, either. I think 3 passes total offence. The PC QB is pretty good. 

I think PC overall has a 28-14 advantage. But who knows that's why we play the game. Should be a fun game and if Upperman makes adjustments this week, anything could happen.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

20 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Just my opinion Upperman showed great defence, time management and execution against Greeneville. The one area that Upperman may get beat is the deep ball and PC appears to be very good in this area. It could still turn out to be a good game. PC had trouble with the Mavs dual backs last year because of the balance passing game. Upperman had trouble with Greeneville deep ball. This is where the difference could be. Upperman did not show much against Greeneville in the passing department, either. I think 3 passes total offence. The PC QB is pretty good. 

I think PC overall has a 28-14 advantage. But who knows that's why we play the game. Should be a fun game and if Upperman makes adjustments this week, anything could happen.

Upperman didn’t really throw the ball though they didn’t have to the run game wasn’t getting stopped.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Upperman hasn’t really had trouble with the deep ball until that game. I think they were too worried about Quillen

1 hour ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

I like Upperman and have enjoyed keeping up with their run and I hate to say it but this Pearl team isn't Macon or Smith county they dont have any weaknesses or holes they have size and speed at every position. IMO which has been known to be wrong lol they cant keep Pearl out of the endzone with big splash plays if even they have some success running the ball trying to control clock. 35-14 Pearl hoisting the gold ball. 

Did you miss the game last week? We haven’t just played Macon or Smith County this year… This isn’t the Upperman you’re used to

1 hour ago, UHSbees931 said:

Did you miss the game last week? We haven’t just played Macon or Smith County this year… This isn’t the Upperman you’re used to

Lol clearly not the Upperman anybody is used to hence their first championship appearance but ive watched them vs Smith county. Ive watched Pearl several times and they look bigger and faster at almost every position doesn’t guarantee a win by any stretch but deffly helps. Head 2 head on Saturday we’ll see what happens. Would love to see Upperman upset just not likely but thats why they play the game.

12 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Just curious,  if Greeneville were playing PC, would there be as many folks thinking PC wins the gold ball? 

Yes, Pearl has been my pick all year regardless who they were playing. This PC team can do so many different things. Upperman must execute as close to perfection as possible to have a shot at the gold ball. If they make mistakes Pearl will win comfortably. On the flip side, Pearl has to cut out the penalties. My thought process is Upperman is probably the 3rd best team Pearl has played while Pearl is clearly the best team Upperman has played. But that’s why you play the game. Anything can happen. Also, prayers to the UHS community 

15 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Just curious,  if Greeneville were playing PC, would there be as many folks thinking PC wins the gold ball? 

No UCM their would be be as many....that North East collection of people would alter that.....Booger aint one of them tho..

Great year Bees....and prayers to the Baxter community

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Honestly Upperman responds very good to being the underdog. They have speed they have a very strong running game they can pass the ball short and long. Most of all there defense at all levels are strong and there defense line will force a QB to make mistakes. I have watched most of PC season this year and I really feel Greenville was a better team than PC.  They are fast and have a power back and a QB that can sling the ball. It’s gonna be a good game to watch I can’t wait to see it. 

Edited by SouthFL305
Miss spelled

19 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

PC does look the part and check all the boxes. But like I said last week. This is why you play the game. Anything is possible and it not only comes down to size and speed but game planning and in game adjustments. Greeneville never adjusted their D last week and just kept getting beat up by the run game. (2 tight end, RB, HB and running QB with size against a 4 man front?). I think it speaks less to the success of the Bees and more to the coaching deficiencies of the Devils. Don’t get me wrong. The Bees earned it! I just wasn’t impressed by the Greene staff. And it’s this kind of behind the scenes stuff that makes the game fun to watch or agonizing depending on which side of the stands you sit.

31 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

PC does look the part and check all the boxes. But like I said last week. This is why you play the game. Anything is possible and it not only comes down to size and speed but game planning and in game adjustments. Greeneville never adjusted their D last week and just kept getting beat up by the run game. (2 tight end, RB, HB and running QB with size against a 4 man front?). I think it speaks less to the success of the Bees and more to the coaching deficiencies of the Devils. Don’t get me wrong. The Bees earned it! I just wasn’t impressed by the Greene staff. And it’s this kind of behind the scenes stuff that makes the game fun to watch or agonizing depending on which side of the stands you sit.

I figured the Greeneville Staff would have learned after the Betsy playoff game in 21 with Rollins running 5 yards and a cloud of dust and controlling the clock and didn't adjust in that game either to lose 14-7 when we had beat you by 30 earlier in the year.  Still scratching my head why we didn't go to a 5 man front (We had that in our D when I played at GHS and Spradlen was our DB's Coach).  Upperman was 1-3 for 3 yards and an int in the game but you don't have to throw the ball when you are running it down their throats with only 6 in the box going against 7 or 8 blockers