Pearl Cohn vs Upperman

Volsfan52

14 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I figured the Greeneville Staff would have learned after the Betsy playoff game in 21 with Rollins running 5 yards and a cloud of dust and controlling the clock and didn't adjust in that game either to lose 14-7 when we had beat you by 30 earlier in the year.  Still scratching my head why we didn't go to a 5 man front (We had that in our D when I played at GHS and Spradlen was our DB's Coach).  Upperman was 1-3 for 3 yards and an int in the game but you don't have to throw the ball when you are running it down their throats with only 6 in the box going against 7 or 8 blockers

Yeah, Greenville turned us into a one dimensional team after that first series. Your pass rush did that. I’m surprised they didn’t switch it up to at least make us think about passing but that never happened.

5 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Yeah, Greenville turned us into a one dimensional team after that first series. Your pass rush did that. I’m surprised they didn’t switch it up to at least make us think about passing but that never happened.

You are as surprised as me man but it seems like the staff doesn't learn from previous years and game plans.  Maybe we shouldn't have passed rush you the first series :lol:.  You all kept to your game plan and made adjustments and thats what a good coaching staff does.  I'm still pulling for you all and think if you can control the pace of the game then you have a shot in a dirty grind it out kind of game.  Go Bee's!!!!

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I figured the Greeneville Staff would have learned after the Betsy playoff game in 21 with Rollins running 5 yards and a cloud of dust and controlling the clock and didn't adjust in that game either to lose 14-7 when we had beat you by 30 earlier in the year.  Still scratching my head why we didn't go to a 5 man front (We had that in our D when I played at GHS and Spradlen was our DB's Coach).  Upperman was 1-3 for 3 yards and an int in the game but you don't have to throw the ball when you are running it down their throats with only 6 in the box going against 7 or 8 blockers

EXACTLY! That game plan by Witten was the difference in that game. Gudger couldn’t hurt us standing on the sidelines. But give the Bees credit. They stuffed the G-Men run game. And the Devils didn’t start trying to throw it more until it was way too late. Just got out coached. Again. 

2 hours ago, SouthFL305 said:

Honestly Upperman responds very good to being the underdog. They have speed they have a very strong running game they can pass the ball short and long. Most of all there defense at all levels are strong and there defense of line will force a QB to make mistakes. I have watched most of PC season this year and I really feel Greenville was a better team than PC.  They are fast and have a power back and a QB that can sling the ball. It’s gonna be a good game to watch I can’t wait to see it. 

I am guessing you meant defensive line...lol

2 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

EXACTLY! That game plan by Witten was the difference in that game. Gudger couldn’t hurt us standing on the sidelines. But give the Bees credit. They stuffed the G-Men run game. And the Devils didn’t start trying to throw it more until it was way too late. Just got out coached. Again. 

It was a genius game plan and you couldn't have asked for a better QB to execute that game plan.  Speed (Track Speed when Gudger finished 2nd in the state in the 100 and only got beat by Steven's for first who was at WR for the Devils and a Division 1 Track Athlete now) can't beat you when it's on the sideline. I 100 agree with you and have said all year we needed to be more balanced and could throw the ball some which we did for over 200 yards against Upperman but to little to late like you said. (I got major heat from some so called Greene Devil Fans  before the AC game for speaking my opinion of what I just said.  Got the we need to rely on the D and keep feeding the ball to #12).

Back on topic.  If Upperman can do ball control and control the pace they have a shot.  If they turn it into a track meet and have some 3 and outs PC will run away with it.

What's some stats for the top players at PC. 

Seen this on another site

Sophomore season 
Bronzden chaffin 
Upperman highschool 
Dual threat Qb
6’4
215lbs
States:
Passing-1307 yards/13 tds
Rushing-1062 yards/13 tds 
14-0 as a starter 

Junior

Ethan Palk 1552 rushing 14tds

Junior

Branson Turnbow 532 receiving 9tds 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
Spell
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

What's some stats for the top players at PC. 

Seen this on another site

Sophomore season 
Bronzden chaffin 
Upperman highschool 
Dual threat Qb
6’4
215lbs
States:
Passing-1307 yards/13 tds
Rushing-1062 yards/13 tds 
14-0 as a starter 

Junior

Ethan Palk 1552 rushing 14tds

Junior

Branson Turnbow 532 receiving 9tds 

Mr Football finalists

QB #8 6’1

180lbs

2152 Passing  33TD 4Int

LB #7 6”3

240Lbs

997 Rush yards on 75 carries 

16TD

122 tackles 78 solos

34TFL

• Like 1

Reading thru the board and at the end of the day both teams are 14-0. It Seems like upperman has been the underdog most of the playoffs but they find a way to win. PC kids know if the come out loafing Bexter will punch them in the mouth and it’s hard to stop that bleeding. Whos defense is going to step up?? 

Upperman with run and time consuming drives a great run defence.

PC with better than average defence, good run game..... but a very quick strike capability.

PC  just beat a good explosive Haywood team fairly easy and not only is PC a Veteran to State Appearances but have a hungry and returning veteran group from last year. 

Upperman is a very good football team with a great defense but it's hard for me to see Upperman winning this one, but it's not impossible. When comes to a state championship and two undefeated teams, you can pretty much well flip a coin. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Mr Football finalists

QB #8 6’1

180lbs

2152 Passing  33TD 4Int

LB #7 6”3

240Lbs

997 Rush yards on 75 carries 

16TD

122 tackles 78 solos

34TFL

Mr Football finalist doesn’t mean much to me in this state. They have chosen some that deserve it and left others that really do deserve it off that list over others that really don’t even belong on that list.