Jump to content

Pearl Cohn vs Upperman


Volsfan52

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SouthFL305 said:

Mr Football finalist doesn’t mean much to me in this state. They have chosen some that deserve it and left others that really do deserve it off that list over others that really don’t even belong on that list. 
 

The man asked for some of our top players…..I’m just replying to upper and you went on a rant about TN MR FB but you’re correct. Only problem is it happens in every state. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

The man asked for some of our top players…..I’m just replying to upper and you went on a rant about TN MR FB but you’re correct. Only problem is it happens in every state. 

Agreed, we can nominate but at the end of the day it’s not us that decides it’s the committee 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Reading thru the board and at the end of the day both teams are 14-0. It Seems like upperman has been the underdog most of the playoffs but they find a way to win. PC kids know if the come out loafing Bexter will punch them in the mouth and it’s hard to stop that bleeding. Whos defense is going to step up?? 

I think this will be a much closer game than people think. I understand why people aren’t picking Upperman because they’ve never been here and are less proven. But I think Upperman will surprise some people with how physical they are up front and how committed to blocking and tackling they are

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

The man asked for some of our top players…..I’m just replying to upper and you went on a rant about TN MR FB but you’re correct. Only problem is it happens in every state. 

Also, your QB is very deserving of the award. No matter who gets picked for MR football, someone will be upset. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

The man asked for some of our top players…..I’m just replying to upper and you went on a rant about TN MR FB but you’re correct. Only problem is it happens in every state. 

I was just stating being a Mr football finalist as a stat doesn’t mean much of anything other than an opinion. He asked for stats I saw what was said. He also left out a DE that upperman has was also nominated for Mr Football that whole thing is stupid to me. If they actually went off the stats of a players it would mean something but opinions of a player cause he balled against certain teams doesn’t do anything. I can’t wait till Saturday it’s gonna be a good game 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, UHSbees931 said:

I think this will be a much closer game than people think. I understand why people aren’t picking Upperman because they’ve never been here and are less proven. But I think Upperman will surprise some people with how physical they are up front and how committed to blocking and tackling they are

I actually do too..I don’t believe the hype at all. Y’all’s defense is legit and it won’t shock us on the physical part because yall do what yall do and they “The kids” believe in it.

Edited by FBfan26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mr Football is loosing its luster. I’m still trying to figure out how Bryson Rollins at Elizabethton didn’t get one? Dude had the stats every year and only lost two games as a 3 year starter! Two titles and a very hard fought runner up. Kinda hard to argue the 2020 award when your teammate (Parker Hughes) wins it. But he didn’t even make the final cut the other two years? I’m not sure the 2019 winner was the best WR/DB either. Hughes had better individual stats that season too. And I really don’t think it should matter if it’s a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior. If you got the goods, you should get the prize. Sorry to highjack this thread. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Mr Football is loosing its luster. I’m still trying to figure out how Bryson Rollins at Elizabethton didn’t get one? Dude had the stats every year and only lost two games as a 3 year starter! Two titles and a very hard fought runner up. Kinda hard to argue the 2020 award when your teammate (Parker Hughes) wins it. But he didn’t even make the final cut the other two years? I’m not sure the 2019 winner was the best WR/DB either. Hughes had better individual stats that season too. And I really don’t think it should matter if it’s a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior. If you got the goods, you should get the prize. Sorry to highjack this thread. 

That’s my exact thoughts and I was just saying that it really shouldn’t be listed as a stat cause it doesn’t come from stats. I wasn’t trying to rant or discredit the guys he was mentioning in the stats I was just voicing that a Mr football finalist really doesn’t play into the quality of player he is or talent he has. It’s just 3 more days and we will see who’s gonna walk away carrying that gold ball 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
  • Create New...