Craney steps down at Central

HTV

So let’s think about this, this job just opened TWO days ago heck maybe not even. Hard to believe there are “front runners” yet considering it just opened up and No interviews have been conducted. Secondly, any idiot who thinks this isn’t a “wanted” job either doesn’t know much about HS football in Knoxville or is just in denial. Wether it’s in a downturn rn or not, Central is and will always be a premier job in Knox County public schools in Football. Let the debate carry on…

• Upvote 5

58 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Plus I think Central will be 6A soon.  They have that deal with UT where if you graduate 3.0 you go to UT for free until you blow iit.  So, they have had 2 huge freshmen classes.  2 more like that and another reclass cycle and the Bobcats will be 6A.

I didn't realize that, cat. Explains why their enrollment has increased by almost 25% since the 2017 cycle; they were on the 4A bubble back then.

1 hour ago, JournalEntry said:

No, I actually cannot think of any “exceptions” being made to board policy in the hiring of head football coaches in the past. Typically, Boards of Education are not in the “exception” business.

Then you aren't thinking very hard about it. 

Not a hard concept. 

Even for you. 

43 minutes ago, HTV said:

Then you aren't thinking very hard about it. 

Not a hard concept. 

Even for you. 

41 minutes ago, HTV said:

So the policy of administrators not being head coaches hasn't been waived?  

And it's not a block feature, it's an ignore option.  

Now you’re changing the argument. We weren’t talking about administrators being head coaches. Administrators have professional teaching licenses that allow them to be head coaches. There is no written policy about admin not being allowed to coach, that’s an unspoken concept in central office.

The argument that was originally stated was that board policy doesn’t allow for the hiring of non faculty coaches when a licensed person has interviews and is qualified. I imagine Brad Taylor could have a bone to pick about the Bearden opening in Dec 2021 due to failure to follow board policy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JournalEntry said:

Now you’re changing the argument. We weren’t talking about administrators being head coaches. Administrators have professional teaching licenses that allow them to be head coaches. There is no written policy about admin not being allowed to coach, that’s an unspoken concept in central office.

The argument that was originally stated was that board policy doesn’t allow for the hiring of non faculty coaches when a licensed person has interviews and is qualified. I imagine Brad Taylor could have a bone to pick about the Bearden opening in Dec 2021 due to failure to follow board policy.

You are exactly right.

16 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

So let’s think about this, this job just opened TWO days ago heck maybe not even. Hard to believe there are “front runners” yet considering it just opened up and No interviews have been conducted. Secondly, any idiot who thinks this isn’t a “wanted” job either doesn’t know much about HS football in Knoxville or is just in denial. Wether it’s in a downturn rn or not, Central is and will always be a premier job in Knox County public schools in Football. Let the debate carry on…

I heard this job was going to be open during the first week of November. So if you think that potential candidates did not know around then, then you do not know much about HS football in knoxville.

The expectation for this program needs to be lowered a lot. Rosser did what no one else could do in the history of the program. Another recruiter like him is not coming in, so just remember the good times he brought but don't expect close to the same.

3 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I heard this job was going to be open during the first week of November. So if you think that potential candidates did not know around then, then you do not know much about HS football in knoxville.

The expectation for this program needs to be lowered a lot. Rosser did what no one else could do in the history of the program. Another recruiter like him is not coming in, so just remember the good times he brought but don't expect close to the same.

You heard huh, exactly it was hearsay until it happened. I hear things all day everyday but until they happen it’s all hearsay. And it’s hard to be a “candidate” for a job until the job is actually opened, at least in the real world maybe not yours :rolleyes:. So a program that is rich in tradition and talent since heck the 80s is supposed to “lower” its expectations right? Because nobody that is a really good Coach could possibly come in and win there right? Nobody could possibly start keeping Central talent home instead of it being poached to Powell and Bearden and private schools right? Nobody alive can do that according to you….well bad news for you bud it can be done, has been done and will be done again. Central will rise again, maybe not be in the state title game every year. But it will always be a playoff contender and a great school for football.